Nurseries and Baby Gear

Carrier for newborn in hot weather

I really want to wear this baby more than I did the first 2.  I enjoyed last summer without a stroller for the first time in 6 years and it was great!  Baby is due mid May and the kiddos will be done with school and ready to be out and about mid June.  I need a carrier that is great for newborns, relatively easy to put on/put baby in, and will not result in a toasty baby and toasty mommy.  Oh, and it only has to last for about the first 3 months, I won't be wearing as much once the kiddos are back in school and if I decide to, I have a mei tai that I like.  
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Carrier for newborn in hot weather

• Baby k'tan breeze
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • I had a regular k'tan and wore my newbie in it. It was pretty comfy for me, baby seemed very comfy. It is sized, so pay attention to that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a Bali Breeze gauze wrap that I love for the summer, but there is a bit of a learning curve. I'm also due in May and looking at the k'tan breeze and maybe the boba breeze (my friend has one and likes it.)
  • Loved our K'Tan breeze. In Texas. In the summer. Nuff said. :wink:
  • Do you want a wrap or a soft carrier? I've been looking into the Lillebaby SSC and they have great reviews. They've also been saying they're coming out with a new line soon but it doesn't state when. I also got a Sakura Bloom sling during their sample sale but my baby is due in April so no firsthand experience to give you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Many women like ring slings. My baby is also due in Mayans I have been researching like crazy! I might also get a beco Gemini for infant stage then a Tula for older
  • I am considering a carrier with Newborn insert, or a ring sling, and then I want to move to a Tula.
    Most of my friends use Ergos though.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I adore my Ergo. I can wax poetic about it for hours. But even with the newborn insert, I couldn't get baby properly positioned to prevent the head slump that can close the airway. I tried everything. I just never felt good about having the baby in there until he had good head control.
  • I have the Boba and I love it... it feels lighter than the ergo and it came with an infant insert (without having to pay extra for it). My DD loves it she sleeps in it and has no issues with it.
    I also have the maya wrap that I use at times and she loved it when she was a newborn...it was perfect to use on the plane with her!
  • hsalhsal member

Do you want a wrap or a soft carrier? I've been looking into the Lillebaby SSC and they have great reviews. They've also been saying they're coming out with a new line soon but it doesn't state when. I also got a Sakura Bloom sling during their sample sale but my baby is due in April so no firsthand experience to give you.

Lillebaby JUST released their new carriers and many of the older models are on sale! Unlike the K'tan, you don't have to pay attention to sizing, because everything is adjustable. One of the best features of the lillebaby is that you don't need to purchase an infant insert to use with it like many of the other carriers.  It offers 6 positions to carry the baby, a pocket (!!), and a lumbar support so it's ridiculously comfortable.  I've worn my now 10 month old in it and I've carried my almost 4 year old in it, since it can hold up to 45 lbs!
  • hsalhsal member
    I just noticed the hot weather part-- the Airflow is made of mesh so it's super comfy and breathable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"