October 2015 Moms
Options

Natural Calm - Magnesium, Constipation

I've always had horrible C and worked it out with probiotics in the past - now that I'm pregnant I'm backed up worse than ever! I'm SO nervous to take anything the first trimester so I've been relying on prunes & prune juice which hasn't done anything.

A friend who just had a baby was taking Natural Calm magnesium supplement at night while pregnant and said it worked miracles for C. Waiting to hear from my doctor - but has anyone else taken this while pregnant? Is it safe??

Re: Natural Calm - Magnesium, Constipation

• Options
    Yes! It's really great for constipation and also to build up magnesium levels to help after birth to ward off postpartum. I read somewhere that if you have low levels of magnesium then postpartum could be worse. Also helps me with headaches
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I plan on trying a small dose tonight. Fingers crossed!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've taken it for almost a year and had great results! I've continued through pregnancy. Definitely start small then work your way up to the 2 tsp. it should help! (But call your dr to be on the safe side...)
  • Options
    My doctor told me I could use a stool softener but I may I start this calm magnesium you guys are mentioning
  • Options
    Magnesium also can help w sleep and anxiety. It is a wonderful supplement:) I had major anxiety for almost 2.5 years after my daughter was born. Docs only prescribed me Xanax and I did try a antidepressant once that screwed up my stomach and decided to stop since I knew I wanted to get pregnant again. Well, no doc checked my magnesium levels ever but after taking the supplement, I noticed a major difference. Helps with so many things going on in the body. Definitely recommend for the above and for constipation as well:)
  • Options
    Yup. Magnesium is a wonder supplement. I take it and the calm with calcium. Great stuff
  • Options
    Good morning ladies! Where can I find this??? I have been suffering with constipation as well :(
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Just got the okay from the doc! I took 1/2 tsp last night and slept pretty well. Fingers crossed for the C to ease up. I bought mine at a local healthy type grocery store but I know they sell it on amazon as well.
  • Options
    I take it nightly for restless legs. Definitely works! And definitely agree with whoever said take a small dose and work your way up!
  • Options
    I buy Natural Calm magnesium from Amazon.
  • Options
    Yes! It's a-ok to take & helped me. I'll probably be taking it again today.
  • Options
    Yup Amazon or a health food store should sell it. You might want to consider the kind with added calcium b/c it's important to have the right balance of magnesium and calcium.
  • Options
    I bought some today at GNC.
  • Options
    Magnesium is my lifesave for restless legs!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"