September 2015 Moms
Options

Any advice ?

I'm a ftm and I have a 3 year old shih tzu , he is very hyper and gets jealous over me very easily. Everytime I walk in the house there he is at my legs jumping on me for attention . Does anyone have any advice on how to train him to be more calm ?

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Options
    v1wwo said:

^ all I learned about dog behavior and how to fix it was from Cesar.
    It may look mean and some people are really agents how he does things. But it works and it works fast.

I need him to come to Oklahoma! He could help me out with my little pittie pack!
  • Options
    v1wwov1wwo member
    We just had a trainer move in to our hood that use to work for him. :D
  • Options
    kjs08kjs08 member
    We have a 9 month old aussie mix who LOVES to jump when we come in and gets very jealous if I'm holding our cat. With the jumping, we stand and look at her with our arms behind our backs till she sits and we count to 5. The days she really can't control it, we turn around and face away from her until she sit in front of us. We understand she's still a baby, but it does work, and we reward her either with a piece of food or a small "cookie" as a reward (we keep them on a small shelf next to the door so they're easily accessible). 

I need to try the baby sounds and bear/doll idea on her. My EDD is September 3, but hopefully she learns quick and it will work if I'm holding our other fur-baby. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    v1wwo said:

We just had a trainer move in to our hood that use to work for him. :D

Make the most of it... You lucky lady you :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"