1st Trimester
Options

HCG level of 35 day after positive home pregnacy test

Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance for reading my question and providing any support you can!  It really means a lot!  My background story.  In the past year I have had 3 pregnancies and all three ended at week5.  I have been told these are chemical pregnancies.  I was dealing with major stress and it was noted that my progesterone level was low.  I just had another positive home pregnancy test Sunday 15Mar2015 and had blood work Monday 16Mar2015 to confirm the pregnancy.  My progesterone levels were good as I am taking progesterone inserts twice a day starting a few days after ovulation surge.  My HCG was a 35.  I know I should be happy as this is a positive confirmed pregnancy but I am terrified that this is a low number.  I go back for more blood work tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone has had a successful pregnancy with a low HCG level like mine?  I know I shouldn't' freak out just yet as I didn't even have a second number to compare but I am beyond terrified.  Thank you all again in advance for your input and support!!!!!!!!!!

Re: HCG level of 35 day after positive home pregnacy test

• Options
    The actual number doesn't matter right now. What matters is that the numbers increase as they should. I believe the levels should double every 24-48 hours or so. That's a far more reliable indicator of the viability of your pregnancy. I've seen women post here with levels as low as 18 and have gone on to have a successful pregnancy so far. Good luck.
  • Options
    Thank you very much!  I know the levels double every 48-72 hours.  I go back tomorrow and I just really hope the number doubles.  I am sure they will bring me back again on Friday.  The past 3 times that is when the number went down.  I just need to stop worrying and only worry if I need too.  Just completely terrified right now.  Thank you very much for the comment!  Every little bit of support helps to keep my sanity! :)  Hopefully ill get the luck of the Irish!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nothing you can do and stressing yourself out won't help. Try to stay positive and I truly wish you the best results with your follow up test.
  • Options
    stephb7stephb7 member
    edited March 2015

I had my positive pregnancy test on a Saturday.  It was a faint 2nd line but it was there.  I went in Monday to get my blood drawn.  HCG was 30.6 and my progesterone was 8.5.  I had my blood drawn 48 horus later and it was 86.2 and I was put on progesterone insert pills twice a day.  I went back 5 days later and my HCG was 758.  I just had my first ultrasound yesterday ( I am currently 9 weeks now) and it showed a healthy little baby kicking around.  They were never concerned about the numbers as I was, just as long as they continued to double.  I hope this helps and stay positive!

• Options
    stephb7  - Thank you so much!  This helps me stay positive!  I know its all about the numbers doubling!  Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!!  I feel a lot better then I did yesterday! 
  • Options
    The day I got a very faint positive I got a hcg test number of 31.5. They made me wait a week to do another one. I've had 3 misscarriges in 7 months. But this past Monday my hcg was 856.9!!!!! I'm 4 weeks and 3 days. There is hope trust me.
  • Options
    I am so excited for you priscilla2001 !!!!!  I went this morning for blood work.  I left my phone in the car today because I know I wouldn't be able to focus at work and will be obsessing over my phone all day long.  We will see what happens to me today when I leave work at 4. 
  • Options
    Well received bad news today from my doc. My levels went down. Now to move on to the next steps. Thank you all for your input and support!
  • Options
    So sorry. I was thinking about you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"