Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

mental health

Just wondering if anyone TTC also has any mental health issues?

Re: mental health

• Options
    I have generalized anxiety disorder.
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• Options
    I have bipolar disorder
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    why do you ask?
  • Options
    Well I just wondering if there is anyone else here who is going to be battling a mental illness with their pregnancy
  • Options
    Betty965Betty965 member
    edited March 2015
    Yes, I do. I went off my medication while ttc #1. It's Been 7 Months AND pretty rocky. I am certainly not advocating that you go off meds if you need them...that's between you and your doctor. But you certainly aren't the only person dealing with this. It makes ttc even more emotional! With the right support, you can do it just like any other mom ttc. Hope that helps!
    I am 35 to DH for almost two years. Actively ttc #1 since October 2014. Charting, Clomid, HCH shots, Timed Intercourse.
    DH SA looks great, my numbers look great... trying B6, Zinc, Vitamin C, you name it. Avid reader of TCOYF, FF junkie. Trying to keep the faith once cycle at a time.
  • Options
    Betty965 said:

Yes, I do. I went off my medication while ttc #1. It's Been 7 Months AND pretty rocky. I am certainly not advocating that you go off meds if you need them...that's between you and your doctor. But you certainly aren't the only person dealing with this. It makes ttc even more emotional! With the right support, you can do it just like any other mom ttc. Hope that helps!

This. We can definitely offer support but it's best you discuss this with your doctor so that you are taking the most proactive approach to TTC and managing your bipolar disorder.

Good luck on your journey. 
  • Options
    My doctor and I are working together well I just pray that things progress quickly:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"