March 2015 Moms
Options

New baby gift for siblings

Hi,
This is our 5th child through foster care and adoption.  He is due March 31st and birth mom is looking like she will go at least that long if not longer.  We've been talking to the other 4 about how they will have a little brother soon, but thought it would be fun to get them something inexpensive for when he arrives.  Thoughts?
Boy - 6yr old with developmental disabilities
Boy - 4 almost 5yr old
Girl - newly 3yr old
Girl - 1.5yrs old
Foster parents turned adoptive parents :)
Adoptive daughter born 08/07/13... growing so fast
BM due again end of March 2015 so any day!
Bloggy blog

Re: New baby gift for siblings

• Options
    We just went with what our son likes: books. He got two new books "from" his new baby sister.
  • Options
    Got my daughter a book about having a new baby, a big sister bracelet/shirt, and a kids camera so she can take her own pictures of baby. She's 2.5. I definitely bought more stuff than I intended though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    chelseeea said:

Got my daughter a book about having a new baby, a big sister bracelet/shirt, and a kids camera so she can take her own pictures of baby. She's 2.5. I definitely bought more stuff than I intended though.

I love the idea about the camera. I hadn't thought of that but I think my daughter would love that.
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas :)
    Foster parents turned adoptive parents :)
    Adoptive daughter born 08/07/13... growing so fast
    BM due again end of March 2015 so any day!
    Bloggy blog
  • Options
    We got DS1 who was 2 his own baby when we brought home DS2. He didn't really care either way. 
    For #3's arrival, we got the boys things they like from their brother. Including a "quiet box" which has all the stuff in it for when I want to scream "be quiet" - quiet toys, books, colors, stuffed animals. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"