Parenting after 35

Someone hold me!!

*lol* Sorry. A little dramatic I know. But baby girl had her 2mth shots today. I forgot how hard on momma it is too.
She is not handling it well. Fever and very sore. But hopefully is about to lay down for the night...or at least for a little while.
Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg

Re: Someone hold me!!

• Awwww that's rough... The only thing that made iy bearable with my two kids was that the shots pretty much knocked them out for thr rest of the day and partly for the day after. Literally, both slept the entire day and night after that, only waking long enough to eat something.

We're going in for the 4m checkup and shots next Wed and I'm dreading that already. From what I remember, those actually gave K fever and made her cranky. Since this baby is the queen of cranky on a perfect day, I wonder what will happen after shots...

Hang in there!
  • Oh no...Mia has her 2 month in 2 wks :(

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Hugs. It's so hard, you just hate seeing them in pain! It gets even harder as they get older and look at you with that horrible scared look of horror. Maddy's one year shots were the worst. I'm so glad we don't have vaccinations at every single well check.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Oh - poor mama! And poor baby. Hugs.

We split up her vaccinations so far so there weren't as many at one appointment - went back 2 or 3 weeks later for the rest. Various reasons for doing that but I think it also helped it be less traumatic as at ead h visit she only got poked once ( either one injection or two with a nurse on each side injecting at the same time) and then was done. So that part was really quick. Also with my DD boob fixes everything so as soon as it was over I nursed her and she was pretty much A-ok again. At 2 months one set of shots seemed to make her fussier the next day and the other left her sleepier than usual (which was kindof nice) ; at 4 and 6 months we didn't notice much of any after-effects. Her face has gotten more heartbreaking each time though ... not looking forward to 12 months ones for that!
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • I was just having this discussion with my sister this weekend.  It is so horrible having to take them for shots.  The worst is the no cry, breath holding until the wail seeps forth from their little bodies.  It is the worst.  As others have stated it only gets worse when they get older because then they are hip to what is going on.  

Not fun!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • She was miserable all weekend. Still fussy but it is due to gas now.
    And I totally know what you are saying @Geeps2 . Especially when they continue to sob in their sleep for an hr after they've quit. That breaks me!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Hope she did well after. I hate when they get shots.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"