TTC After a Loss

What was your beta (HCG level) one week after D & C?

Had a miscarriage and D & C last week at 8 week. One week later my beta is still 6,000 plus light bleeding and cramps and 5 weird pounds that won't go away. Curious of others experiences. We are going to do IVF immediately but have to get betas to zero first.

Re: What was your beta (HCG level) one week after D & C?

• They might not have removed it all. Call your doctor and follow it down to 0...........
    BFP#1: 03/05/14 | EDD: 11/11/14 | MC: 04/10/14 | D&C 05/01/14 [Molar]
    BFP#2: 10/15/14 | EDD: 06/25/14 | MC: 12/02/14 | D&C 12/04/14 [MMC]
    Current Status: RE appt 01/20/15 & Cleared to TTC
    Plan: Baby Aspirin, More (raw) folate, PNP, Iron, diet
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T, ANA+ Homogeneous, Anemia. Ige sensitivities: gluten, egg, dairy
    All AL Welcome<3
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
    We will never forgot our angels<3

• HCG levels decrease at different rates...there's no real range that we can tell you. My doctors have not tracked my hcg for either of my two losses. My doctor said that if I didn't see AF in 4 to 8 weeks, then I should call. With my d&c 2 weeks ago, I had light bleeding and cramping up to 3 days ago. Now I have no bleeding or cramping...just waiting for AF. 
  • Loading the player...
  • At two weeks out HCG levels still 6,000. Going down VERY slowly. Anyone else been here?
  • Just a quick note of follow-up here that there was definitely a problem. My RE wanted to wait it out, but my OB was sure there were "retained products of conception," which there were. I did one dose of Cytotec, which was enough to bring me from 6,000 to 600 in a matter of days -- also validated by a repeat sonogram.

So another one of those "if you think something's strange, it probably is" and it's always worth speaking up situations.
  • Just a quick note of follow-up here that there was definitely a problem. My RE wanted to wait it out, but my OB was sure there were "retained products of conception," which there were. I did one dose of Cytotec, which was enough to bring me from 6,000 to 600 in a matter of days -- also validated by a repeat sonogram.

So another one of those "if you think something's strange, it probably is" and it's always worth speaking up situations.
    Yes. 
    BFP#1: 03/05/14 | EDD: 11/11/14 | MC: 04/10/14 | D&C 05/01/14 [Molar]
    BFP#2: 10/15/14 | EDD: 06/25/14 | MC: 12/02/14 | D&C 12/04/14 [MMC]
    Current Status: RE appt 01/20/15 & Cleared to TTC
    Plan: Baby Aspirin, More (raw) folate, PNP, Iron, diet
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T, ANA+ Homogeneous, Anemia. Ige sensitivities: gluten, egg, dairy
    All AL Welcome<3
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
    We will never forgot our angels<3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"