July 2015 Moms
Options

Constipation!

hi ladies.

I have been constipated for quite some time now and I was wondering if anyone has used magnesium citrate to solve the problem. I have tried lactulose and colace and I drink a lot of water. I could use some advice.

Thank you so much in advance

Re: Constipation!

• Options
    I used colace. Did the trick for me!
  • Options
    I used miralax and it worked wonders after not going for a week!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Be careful with magnesium, it can cause miscarriage in high doses because it flushes the system. I highly recommend psyllium husks.
  • Options
    I had a problem about a week ago. Nothing was working. My doctor recommended suppositories (dulcolax or glycerin) daily until I felt relieved. I would consult your OB about that.
  • Options
    nbf7nbf7 member
    Eating two kiwi's a day works miracles on me ;)
  • Options
    I take dulcoease #1 obgyn stool softer. It has def helped I have horrible constipation makes it much easier to go!
  • Options
    It sounds very repetitive but it works for me. I eat a lot of fruit, any fruit. I have mandarins in my purse and eat about 4 a day plus a fruit salad for lunch. Also Kefir probiotic i drink a glass a day. And oatmeal for breakfast.
  • Options
    I ate kiwi, up'd my water intake, took fiber pills, and an occasional stool softener. This ended my troubles!
  • Options
    Probiotics are good!
  • Options
    Colace (daily), fiber(daily), lots of water(daily), and milk of magnesia (as needed at night when you go to bed) should do the trick. I'm a nurse and was experiencing a lot of constipation so i wanted to find a regimen that was safe, didn't have stimulants (like most laxatives), and was easy and gentle on my system. Hope you find something that works well for you, constipation is not fun!
  • Options
    I have had constipation my whole life and now that im pregnant its even worse! I have literally tried EVERYTHING and while mag cit works wonders i would just stick to miralax.. always helps and wont give you the runs
  • Options
    Dr. Schulze's Intestinal Formula #1
    All natural.
    I got it in amazon after my friend recommended it.
    Amazing.
  • Options
    Walking briskly (3.6mph on the treadmill) has helped me. My doc also recommended to take the colace daily, not just when I hadn't gone in 5 days....
  • Options
    Kiwis are amazing!!!!
  • Options
    biaromoybiaromoy member
    edited March 2015
    Haha I started getting a cereal craving so I loaded up on Cheerios and that fixed my problem.. Trouble is I had pre-existing haemorrhoids and regular bowl movements just seem to be flaring them up but constipation was no good for them either. Wat
  • Options
    Walking usually helps things start moving for me and I eat A LOT of fruit.
  • Options
    My OB recommends colace or Metamucil, drinking lots of water, eating fruit, and a brisk walk. ;) Good luck!
  • Options

Though not recommended I have used a laxative

Don't go for 4 days at a time and very gassy

Painful

Though its not fun, it helps alot

• Options
    Benefiber has been my go to for the entirety of the pregnancy so far. It's easy to put in anything I drink, as long as I remember to take it, and even just one dose helps.
  • Options
    Seriously, prune juice. Its the only thing that has worked for me
  • Options
    I eat 4 bite-sized prunes a day, take 1 colace a day, and eat 1/4 bran muffin. I'm getting progesterone shots once a week for preterm labor troubles and it made me so constipated. This regimen is working wonders though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"