Pregnant after a Loss

need cycles explained...Ttc after Miscarriage

So my Doctor told me i can start trying again after one cycle but I am confused. I just got done with AF...my first since MC so does this mean we can try this cycle or after my next AF? Just not sure if which cycle to count this as. If someone could explain that would be very helpful.

Re: need cycles explained...Ttc after Miscarriage

• I would double check with your doctor. It could mean either. But I suspect that if you had a complete miscarriage, a few weeks went by and then AF started then you are okay to try again with this current cycle BUT doublecheck!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Was there a good size gap between your miscarriage and period?  For me - I had a d&c on 10/30.  Period 12/8.  I could try after that.  If you're talking about the flow after your miscarriage, then wait longer.  it gives your body time to heal.  To be safe you can always call your doctor 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for responding! AF came 33 days after my mc occurred. The bleeding from the mc lasted for about 10 days. AF seemed pretty normal...only had it for about 5 days and it was normal flow. I am actually seeing my doctor this friday so hoping for clearance to try again this cycle. The waiting is so tough especially now that we are so ready! Will update once i go see the doctor.
  • Best of luck!!!
  • Well we got the green light!! We can try thus cycle which means we are getting busy this weekend!! I am so happy..i know it might not happen this cycle but staying hopefully!! Will keep you posted.
  • This post would probably be better on the TTCAL board. All the girls on this board are already expecting after loss.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"