October 2015 Moms

team green...and we're "CRAZY"

This is my husband and my 4th child together. (He has 2 older girls (18/20) from a previous marriage.) With our last 3 we couldn't wait to find out at the 20 week ultrasound. Since, together, we have 2 boys and 1 girl, we would be thrilled with either. We decided this time to stay Team Green and experience that huge surprise at the end!

.....funny thing....EVERYONE thinks we're CRAZY. They are already whining about us not knowing. After 3 others, we don't need a THING. I'm excited for the suspense and anticipation. I also feel like no one's really excited for baby #4, so maybe this will give them something exciting to look forward to.

Anyone else CRAZY for being on team green? I'm just over here laughing...and enjoying the crazy. :)

Re: team green...and we're "CRAZY"

• saraking437saraking437 member
    edited March 2015
    I don't think you are crazy at all! I'm finding out, but this is our first. We've been told we are crazy for not waiting to find out. Apparently all pregnant couples are crazy for one reason or other. It's comical really 8-}
  • Truth! And EVERYONE has an opinion! Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • You will probably never hear the end of it either but I think it will be worth it! I'm having twins and I want to try & keep it a surprise too, also my 4th pregnancy & I don't need anything except an extra crib. We found out with all the others & I completely agree that no one is thrilled (except my mom) that were expecting again so this makes it even more fun!
  • I think it's a wonderful way to make this exciting for your whole family!

I'm having baby #2 and it's been 11 years since I have my daughter so we literally have NOTHING. For us it makes sense to find out.

I love your idea! It makes me laugh how other people get out off by our family decisions...they can get over it.

I'm thinking we may keep the name a secret this time until birth.
  • I'm a FTM and my husband and I are team green all the way!!!! My husband has a son from a previous marriage and we have some baby clothes from him but anything else that the baby needs can be gender neutral or bought after they are born! We only get a few surprises in our lives and this is a huge one to experience together!!! It's driving our friends and family way more crazy than us. We are also keeping names a secret until baby is born.
  • This is our second and we're on team green, too! We wanted to find out with DD because of all the showers, gifts, etc. we were getting and decorating the nursery but this time it doesn't matter what the gender is so we want it to be a surprise!
  • So we are not team green because this will be our first baby, but we are not telling anyone else the gender or name!
  • Everyone is used to us by now, haha. We're never anything but Team Green. :) We have had lots of positive reactions . . . friends and family love to guess the gender and almost everyone has thought it's completely wonderful that we always wait.
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're still on the fence when it comes to finding out or not. Id really like the surprise, but on the other hand it would make buying things easier (its our first). Still mulling it over every day. My mom seems to think im crazy for not jumping at the opportunity, since she never could back when she had me, but I just dont know yet.
    Youre definitely not crazy :P
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was totally team green in the beginning....now it depends on the day!

• This is also our fourth baby...and I wouldnt say family and friends arnt excited but we have a 3, 2, and 10 month old and now are expecting in October so where its pure joy for us its OMG another one for others lol followed by y'all are crazy...I dont know how yall do it :)

Our last baby was a surprise...out of 25 years of delivery and practice...she was the first baby our OB could not tell the gender. She was a pretzel lol!!

This time we are so excited to not find out again!!! We will buy for both boy and girl everything we need and return after birth whichever we dont have. We still do gender specific items, nursery and everything!! Not knowing is so fun and exciting!!! So worth the wait!!!
  • ajhellmuthajhellmuth member
    edited March 2015
    Yeah I shouldn't say people aren't excited but we have a 9, 4, & 7 mo old so same thing. Everyone's like oh wow you're never gonna be able to leave your house!
  • I'm way too impatient and neurotic not to find out... but that's me. If you want the excitement of the surprise and that's what works best for you and your family, then go for it!
  • I want to be team green, but hubby really wants to find out.  I'm going with a gender reveal party.  Perhaps the cake at my shower, so that way everyone finds out at once :-)
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • No one believes that we'll be able to wait til October to find out!
  • We haven't told anyone yet, so they haven't had a chance to object, but we are going to be team green this time.  We found out with both my son and daughter.  We have lots of the big baby stuff and newborn clothes for boys or girls.  The one issue is that our kids were born in the late winter/early spring so as this little one gets a little bigger we won't have the right size clothes for the right season, but that is what online shopping is for :)

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I wish I could be team green but I don't think I can. 

I so give you ladies credit!  My coworker is team green and so was my friend.  I think it's annoying that my boss always tells my coworker "it is easier for me to buy you stuff if I knew boy or girl".  That's so annoying.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married: 05/14/2011

DS Was Born: 02/10/2013

EDD: 10/19/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"