Multiples
Options

What do you do other than BF and change diapers?

I am expecting twins and this is my first pregnancy.
Real question here- in the beginning they need feeding and changing so often, do you manage to do anything else like eat, cook, bathe, exercise, clean...?

What should I be expecting my life to look like when they arrive?
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What do you do other than BF and change diapers?

• Options
    Congratulations on your twins!
    I'm sorry to say, that all of those things you mentioned like cleaning, exercising and so on... went out the window for me, for at least the first year. But as for necessities like eating and bathing, you learn to squeeze it in when you can. I took a lot of baths (so that I could hear the babies that were in their RNP's nearby. Expect to have your days and nights all messed up too. We were awake at all hours of the night, and often asleep in spurts during the day. Go easy on yourself, accept help, and have plenty of freezer meals stocked ahead of time.
    You learn to deal, because you have to, and everything turns out fine!
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options
    -pump, it helps your milk come in
    -laundry, I had one spitty kid that spit up all over his outfits, our outfits, the bedding and sleepsacks, haha so get lots of laundry detergent
    -watch tv, they are slow eaters in the beginning so we entertained ourselves with the Big Bang theory
    -nap when they nap, seriously, it gets harder to do when they get older.
    -I suggest paper plates, a reusable water bottle, etc. anything to reduce cleanup time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"