May 2015 Moms
Options

no kick....

There has been no kicks today only movement... is this bad...

Re: no kick....

• Options
    My baby has never been much of a kicker. He/she just like to roll and wiggle around. The doctor has never been concerned and LO is perfectly healthy! So as long as you are feeling movement everything should be fine! Maybe they are just having a lazy day. Have you tried laying on your left side and having a cold glass or water or some juice?
  • Options
    I'm not sure if it should be a concern because you feel the baby moving. My md always asks if there is a decrease in movements. She does not specify between kicks and just feeling the baby move. That being said call your mds after-hours number if you are really concerned.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    try drinking some soda or juice & laying on ur left side for a while.....
    i'm not an expert, i think i read that somewhere online before....

• Options
    I have days where I can feel my LO moving but not really kicking for hours. I just think maybe he's sleeping or having a lazy day!!
  • Options
    I feel like that most Saturdays. Probably because I'm moving around so much. It's hard not to worry but I think movement is just as good as any kick. Baby is probably in any weird position making it hard to kick or for you to feel the kicks.
  • Options
    As they run out of space there will be less "kicks" and more rolls and movements. It's normal for this stage of pregnancy.
  • Options
    Read online - "kick counting" is a misnomer as all movement counts. Rolls, turns, jabs etc. Still, if you're concerned ring the hospital. Never worth stressing.
  • Options
    @louloutte87, that's the way I've been counting, any movement I can feel. There are days when all the moves are rolls and squirms. today I've had head butts to the bladder!
  • Options
    I think as long as you are feeling movement you are fine. My doctor said you should feel 3 movements in an hour, didn't specify kicks.
  • Options
    jgillis13 said:

My baby has never been much of a kicker. He/she just like to roll and wiggle around. The doctor has never been concerned and LO is perfectly healthy! So as long as you are feeling movement everything should be fine!

The further along you are, the less room baby has to be throwing limbs about. I'm with the pp I quoted, my baby has never really been a kicker either. I do feel her rolls and wiggles and pushes though. All movement counts.

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"