Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

"Back to sleep" question

LO just learned how to turn over onto her tummy. They always say that baby should sleep on their back, but if she turns over in her sleep, am I supposed to flip her over or leave her be? This rule confuses me.

Re: "Back to sleep" question

• Options
    Well I have no issues with my tummy sleeper however it is the best for your baby to sleep on her back at this age. 

PS: We do not use any blankets or lose sheets in crib. She sleeps soundly in her baby deedee sleep sack. They are the best sleeper for a baby to sleep in. www.babydeedee.com
  • Options

Ask your Pedi. When DS starting flipping over to his tummy, our Pedi still didn't want him sleeping that way until he was a little older (he was 4 months at the time). All Pedi's are different, but ours said that babies fall into such a deep sleep and sometimes don't realize they can't breathe if they are face down in a mattress. Not something I wanted to chance.

We rolled up blankets and put them under the sheet, on each side of DS to keep him on his back. That worked for a little while, then we just let him sleep on his tummy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO does the same thing, so I had the same concern. Our pediatrician said he goes by what the American Academy of Pediatrics advises, which is to put a baby down on her back when you first place her in the crib. However, if she can roll over by herself, it's fine to let her stay that way and sleep on her tummy. Our pediatrician just reminded us not to have any blankets or toys in the crib that could create a hazard.
  • Options
    Mcaintx05 said:

LO just learned how to turn over onto her tummy. They always say that baby should sleep on their back, but if she turns over in her sleep, am I supposed to flip her over or leave her be? This rule confuses me.

If she can get back to her back all by herself then let sleeping baby be. If she can't get back to her back on her own steam then gently roll her back.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"