February 2015 Moms
Options

Reflux

my son has reflux really bad. He's 5 weeks old and it is only progressively getting worse! We went to the pedi this morning and he said my LO is about to outgrow it. Wtf? No it's getting worse!! He wouldn't give me anything to give LO. But told me to hold LO upright for an HOUR after each feeding. I already keep him upright all the time. Including during feedings and for about 30 mins after. I can tell he's getting more and more uncomfortable. Why won't they give me something?! I see all these others moms on here who's LO was given something! Ugh! My son can't sleep very well because of it. I'm sleep deprived more than I should be and so is my son! :-(

Thanks for being my sounding board! I am pissed.

Re: Reflux

• Options
    I'd visit another pediatrician and get a second opinion. If you're already doing what they suggested and still won't give you something to just TRY and see if it helps, I'd be calling around to other pediatricians in the area for a second opinion! I don't care if I have to drive an hour each way to the pediatrician, if it means that they will be keeping my baby's best interest in the forefront of their minds rather than padding their pockets first! I'd be pissed too! I am sorry you are dealing with this! If our pediatrician treated me like that and refused to even TRY to make my baby more comfortable while she is "growing out of it", her head would have been rolling out the door and down the hall before we even left the office!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I'd visit another pediatrician and get a second opinion. If you're already doing what they suggested and still won't give you something to just TRY and see if it helps, I'd be calling around to other pediatricians in the area for a second opinion! I don't care if I have to drive an hour each way to the pediatrician, if it means that they will be keeping my baby's best interest in the forefront of their minds rather than padding their pockets first! I'd be pissed too! I am sorry you are dealing with this! If our pediatrician treated me like that and refused to even TRY to make my baby more comfortable while she is "growing out of it", her head would have been rolling out the door and down the hall before we even left the office!

I totally agree.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you!!! I am going to make another appointment with a different doctor in the practice Monday before switching :|
  • Options
    Go somewhere else! My son had all the signs and our Dr. suggested putting him on the tiniest amount of meds. It was the best thing ever for his health. It so hard to see them in pain and if your Dr. won't help get a second opinion. No child should have to be in pain during or after a feeding.
  • Options
    My second son had reflux for a long time - also try letting him sleep in a reclined position like in a swing or somne sort of seat instead of in a crib or playpen- my son hated laying down if made his stomach worse ... We were given some meds but doc also had us put a tiny amount of rice cereal in his bottles to make the formula thicker and easier to settle ... Good luck, I know how rough it is
  • Options
    Try colic calm it had help my son and he has reflux really bad he is also on meds and a thicker in bottle
  • Options
    I think my son has reflux, my ped told me he would outgrow the symptoms too but it seems to get worst as he gets older. I see people on here saying they put rice in his formula to make it thicker. I'm breastfeeding and I know you can add rice to breast milk but my son is only 4 weeks old, is it too soon to add rice?
  • Options
    No it no too soon to add the thicker but try keep baby elevated during and after Feds my son bottle fed and I'm from norther Ireland so I dnt no if the rice thicker is the same as what I get for him just keep speaking to your doc and let him no how stressful it making u feel
  • Options

Agreed!
  • Options
    Update!
    Turned out LO did have really bad reflux. New doctor gave us Zantac right away. But she also discovered that he has a bad allergy to cows milk. Not even lactose intolerant, he is allergic to the proteins in the milk. So that was adding to everything. He's been on a hypoallergenic formula and using Zantac twice a day- we couldn't be happier! :)

Thank all you ladies for the suggestion!! I couldn't be happier with the new doctor!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"