Two Under 2

Sleeping situation - 3u5

DS1 will be not quite 4 when #3 comes. DS2 will be just 2 (baby is due week after his 2nd birthday). 
Originally, DS1 and DS2 were going to share a room. We got DS2 a "big kid bed" for Christmas and he was rooming with DS1. #3 was going to be on his own in the nursery in the crib. 
DS1 doesn't want DS2 in his room. DS2 wants to be in the crib. MH decided one night when I was too tired to stay awake until their bed time to put DS2 back in the crib. Now I am stuck. We only have 3 weeks or so until baby comes and I have no idea what to do with their sleeping situation. We have a 3 bedroom house so I can't put them each in their own room. Thoughts?

Re: Sleeping situation - 3u5

• We have DD (2 1/2) in a toddler bed in her own room. DS #1(16mos) and DS #2 due 4/30 will share a room with 2 cribs in it. Any chance you could just buy another crib? Our room is only 11x11 with 2 cribs, changing table and rocker- dresser is in the closet. The cribs we have were about $150 each
  • If I were you, I'd move the crib into your older son's room and have them room share that way for a while. You can add the big boy bed back whenever he's ready for the transition. Your DS1 might not like sharing, but I'm of the old school opinion that sharing is good for kids and they'll do it even when we have the space for individual rooms.

For the new baby, you can do one of two things. First, there are really inexpensive cribs that you can get for around $100. They won't be trendy, but they'll work just fine. More easily, you can get a pack and play and a pack and play mattress (found on Amazon). Our DD is using one crib as a toddler bed, and DS1 is using the other as a crib. We didn't want a third crib or to upgrade DD to a twin bed yet, so we went the pack and play route for DS2. He's sleeping great in it, and he has no idea that he doesn't have a real crib yet. By the time he needs the space of a crib, his siblings will be better prepared for the transitions to new beds. Would something like that work for your new LO right now?
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"