May 2015 Moms
Options

Push Presents - Yes or No?

I was lurking on some of the other boards and saw a thread about push presents and I don't think I've seen this topic in the May board so I thought I would bring it up...

While I will not be asking my husband for one and would probably kill him if he spent a lot on jewelery (which I guess is the common gift), I'm guessing he will probably get me a charm for my charm bracelet as he has with every other major event in our relationship. He bought me the bracelet one of our first Christmases together and he loves adding to it.

I've also dropped some hints that my dad brought me and my brothers teddy bears when we were first born and I cherished that bear growing up so I really do hope my dh continues that tradition with our children.

so thoughts on push presents, yes or no?

Re: Push Presents - Yes or No?

• Options
    We don't really give each other gifts in general, however my hubby did bring me flowers or a card after each child so far. Just something small telling me he loves me and is thankful for me. I am not against "push gifts" but I wouldn't ask him to give me anything. I feel like if he wants to give me something he will and if not he won't. He knows I don't expect flowers or anything but he usually does something sweet anyways:) Honestly he could just bring me waffles with strawberries and I would be overjoyed! Lol!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love the idea but DH and I have a lot of trouble coming up with presents for each other in general. Neither of us need more "stuff". I think I'm going to just tell him how I feel...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's a cute idea! I seriously am craving waffles with strawberries and whipped cream!!! If he brings me this to the hospital after I give birth I will be ever so grateful;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    canadianmom89canadianmom89 member
    edited March 2015
    You guys are seriously making me wish I hadn't taken chicken out to make for supper tonight because now all I want is waffles, nutella and strawberries! :)
  • Options
    Waffles for everyone! Lol we are havingn spaghetti which im not looking forward to since tomatoes give me raging heartburn now. I think waffles will be a better choice! I guess we should start a thread on our first meals after baby that we want!
  • Options
    We didn't do them with our first. But when she turned 1, I bought a pandora charm to put on my tiffany necklace. For our wedding, he gave me a tiffany necklace with his first initial on it (this was what I wanted). And so then for my daughter we put her birthstone from pandora and I wear that on my necklace with his initial charm. So I told him he can buy the one for this baby or I'll buy it- so I'm sure he'll get it for me since he always wants to spend money on me but I never let him. haha. 
  • Options
    daiseyc123daiseyc123 member
    edited March 2015
    I love the idea of a nice piece of jewelry that I can then give to our daughter on her (eventual) wedding day. Something classic like a pearl necklace or diamond studs. That being so, I'm not sure if DH will follow through and I feel greedy asking for a present. However I may drop a hint or two. 
  • Options
    @daiseyc123 aww that is a nice idea. My dad gave my mom a pearl ring on their 1 year anniversary and then they both gave it to me on my wedding day and I cherish that so much. My mom didn't actually wear the ring all the often when were kids because it never fit after she had kids so I didn't even know it existed. It was the nicest / most special present I have ever gotten.
  • Options
    My hubby already bought me mine lol. When we started trying for this baby (#3) he surprised me with car shopping and bought me my dream car. A honda pilot. He told ne it covers,Christmas and birthdays,for a few years lol!
  • Options
    My DH just told me about this, I told him I had never heard of them and he was like "oh, well I already got you one." lol so sweet. So I guess now I should get him something? Or is it just from the husband to the wife?
  • Options
    Push Presents are really for the mom from the dad. You carried a baby for 9 months and went through the hardest workout of your life to bring your sweet child into the world. It's a small way to show you how much he appreciates all you went through. It's usually very sentimental! My husband bought me a Tiffanys charm necklace with a cursive B on it for my son Brett. I wear it all the time!
  • Options
    My push present was also an upgrade on my car, 2 door would not be good with a baby and it will cover anniversary and my bday which is days before I'm due!!:)
  • Options
    Baby is already breaking the bank, and I'm not a jewelry person anyway (though I AM more of a new camera person), but I think it's sweet when Dad gives some (small) token of appreciation (flowers, surprise Starbucks, etc.)

• Options
    A gf of mine mentioned it to DH at our gender revel party and he's been asking odd questions since then. I told him not to do anything crazy since we are already so tight on money and gave a hint of a maturity hospital gown I really liked that won't break the bank and would play many roles. I'll be grateful and love anything he picks. But I kinda like the idea in general bc we do go through so much to bring baby into the world!
  • Options
    I'm more excited to be able to celebrate Mother's Day as a mom this year and plan on doing something nice for Father's Day for DH! Our baby girl is due 5/23 so she may not be here physically for Mother's Day but it will still mean a lot more this year than it has in the past.
  • Options
    Nah, we don't do them. I will order a mother's necklace or ring after the birth though. This is our last baby and I want something with all three of my kids' names on it.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    kmb0324kmb0324 member
    edited March 2015
    I'm def not expecting any push presents and in all seriousness it kinda makes me laugh there is such a phrase☺️

Last night I asked hubby jokingly what he was going to buy me.. He being the smart ass he is said, well honey I believe I already gave you a gift.. That baby in your stomach and my loving you through all your crazy mood swings and pregnancy lol! All with a giant smirk on his face!

However he had heard of push presents and said one of his friends bought his wife a brand new truck!! That's crazy and cool for her. But just a small gesture, supportive hubby, and healthy baby would be good enough for me :)!

I do like PP ideas of a little jewelry piece to symbolize the day.. However I'm not into big expensive jewelry so something simple!
  • Options
    Ohhhh a massage sounds nice maybe I'll try to play that one off ;)
  • Options
    Honestly did not know this was a thing. No way would I ask my hubby for a gift for pushing out our baby. The gift is the baby. Just his support during and after baby is enough for me.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I talked with my hubby about a push present. I have really been wanting a pandora bracelet but never wanted him to spend the money. I kind of hope he gets me one with a charm for our first child together and for my stepdaughter who lives with us full time so shes really my baby girl!!!! But, he just bought me a house that we are moving into in the next week or two so I don't want to be to greedy. I know having a baby is a time for both of the parents but lets face it, the moms have a way harder role and deserve a little something! If I don't get my bracelet I think I would be equally as happy with a nice hot dinner from my favorite mexican restaurant!
  • Options
    DMELDMEL member
    I didn't ask for one but my hubby told me he ordered me another diamond band to wear stacked with my wedding band when the baby is born. I like the idea of having something to symbolize my first baby. And he said he's buying it becaus I've done all the hard work for 9 months lol and he's seen how tough it's been
    I thought it was a very sweet sentiment and feel very lucky to have such a thoughtful husband
  • Options
    I am looking forward to wine and sushi! Would not be mad at all if hubbs had them waiting for me
  • Options
    It wasn't really a "push present" but my DH got me a necklace with the May birthstone in it (a small emerald) as a reminder of our son's birthday / birth. Wear it all the time!  
    Baby girl born on May 15, 2015!  (DS born 2011)
  • Options
    What is this push present thing???? Lol shoot I don't push (I will have a c-section) but I will for sure take one! Hmmm guess me and my hubby will be discussing this tonight! Our baby will come around Mother's Day so I'm sure I will get a push/mothers day gift lol
  • Options
    rosannewildrosannewild member
    edited March 2015
    My husband will be taking 6-8 weeks FMLA leave to stay home with us. He has had to travel so much during the pregnancy and may even miss the birth if she comes more than 3 weeks early. Having time together and him wanting so much to be here and a full part in it is a real gift :)
    I also asked him to bring me a Guinness in the hospital...and sushi :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"