May 2015 Moms
Options

Anybody still work out these days?

Ladies now that we are in our 3rd trimester and are getting more and more tired, does anybody still work out? If so what kind of exercise do you do?

Re: Anybody still work out these days?

• Options
    Crossfit but I have been doing it the whole time and I do make changes because I pregnant.
  • Options
    I'm still running and doing modified boot camp. Runs are a lot slower, but I still feel pretty good so I'll go as long as I can!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow!!! Good for ya. I used to work out 4 times a week (yoga & cardio) which I love because after a work out, I felt amazing. My gym membership expired a month before I got pregnant and I stop going since then. I was also scared that I would hurt myself doing regular yoga since I couldn't find a prenatal yoga class around my area so I never renew my membership. I kinda walk on my breaks at work but not often enough since some days were too cold to be walking outside. I really wish I didn't stop or at least do better. Does anybody know a good prenatal video I could do at home? I've been trying to walk at least 30 mins a day to help with my GD but want to do a bit more:)
    Anyways, Keep up the good work ladies. I heard being active helps with labor so that's a plus. Keep up the good work ladies:)
  • Options
    Swimming, walking, yoga. Keeping it low key, but keeping the movement and stretching consistent.
  • Options
    If taking my labrador on long walk/ runs daily count then I guess I kinda do lol
  • Options
    Pilates-yoga and Zumba 4 times a week. I modify some things but not much and I feel so much better staying active. Plus I have a lot less aches and pains now that I've built muscle. I gained 60lb with my first baby, but I'm currently 30wks with #2 and up just 15lb just from being more active.
  • Options
    Wow I need to step up my game!! I was walking, doing yoga, and weight lifting...until this week (31) I gave into all third trimester tiredness and did nothing but walk my dog and sleep when I wasn't working. Next week I'll be better...
    Me (27), DH (27) 1 fur baby
    TTC Sept '11
    Found ovarian cyst Sept '12
    surgery to remove cyst and diagnose endometriosis Jan '13
    Lupron injections Feb '13-July ' 13
    TTC on own July-November '13
    IUI #1 January '14-BFN
    IUI#2 February'14 cancelled due to not responding to Clomid
    IVF #1 cancelled 4/28/14 due to not responding to meds and not enough follicles
    IVF #2- BFP due May'15

• Options
    I try really hard to do 3-4 days a week of either walking or elliptical. I Was running till 24 weeks when pain took over in my pelvic area. I got a v2 support belt which helps but running still can't happen or I'll regret it for three days after. I figure at 291/2 weeks whatever I can do is pretty good.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree! I also need to step up my exercise game. My goals is to walk at least 10,000 steps a day(that's about 4 miles and I read that it's a recommended number of steps to take a day). There's a awesome app on my iphone called 'Pedometer' and it count every steps you take daily as long as you have your phone on you. I've been around 5000 to 7500 steps, now I can aimed a bit higher. Thanks for the inspiration ladies:)
  • Options
    If working out consists of going up the stairs... Yes. My 4 foot 11 inch gigantic baby body can no longer walk more than 10 minutes, let alone keep working out :|
  • Options
    I'm still keeping up my 30 minute workouts 4-5 times a week. Nothing intense, just going to the gym to get in some light/moderate weight training. My cardio has completely stopped....but trying to incorporate walks around the neighborhood now that the weather is getting nicer. I cannot handle the treadmill...so so boring. Great job, ladies! Almost there....keep it up! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Walking and modified Zumba a few times a week. Sciatica pain has gotten the best of me, and slowed me down. I'll stay active as long as I can, and as long as my back holds out.
  • Options
    CanadaMom17CanadaMom17 member
    edited March 2015
    I try to get to the gym 3 x a week.  I've cut the elliptical to 15 minutes (get too puffy!), and then about 30-40 minutes of weights/strength training.  My trainer just gave me lists of exercises for each muscle group, so I hit each group once a week - sticking to the 'harder' exercises now, with a list of 'easier' ones when I can't move around so well.

I swim for 45 minutes either once or twice a week as well, depending how I feel.  If I'm too tired, I'll replace the gym with the pool, or sleep in and skip them both!

Weekends I just go for a walk, and again, as much as I feel like.  It's super hilly where I live, so once I start really puffing, I turn around and come back.  :)
  • Options
    I'm trying to get in a few workouts a week. I wouldn't be caught dead in a gym my whole pregnancy. I hate the unwanted attention! I've been doing Prenatal workout DVDs and when I got bored of those I went and searched YouTube. You can find a lot of great 20 minute workouts! Just enough to get your heart pumping without over doing it!
  • Options
    I take spin classes 3-4 days a week and do weight training 2 other days..I try to be in the gym at least 5 days a week. The 3rd trimester fatigue has made things more challenging but I've just been showing up anyways. I'm at 32 weeks
  • Options
    DMELDMEL member
    30 weeks and doing a one hour barre class 3-4 times per week. I never stopped so it's not that hard now. Plus I think it's super important to maintain a strong core for labor LOL
  • Options
    I'm walking around the block (20 -30 minutes) when I can. Then I do some light weights to keep tone in my arms and squats to help strengthen legs and glutes.   I was working with a trainer earlier on, but I've stopped just to take it easy some more in the third trimester. 
    Baby girl born on May 15, 2015!  (DS born 2011)
  • Options
    I'm def not as fit as some of these ladies, kudos to you!  But I do walk at least 2 miles every other day and go to prenatal yoga as much as possible. 
  • Options
    I'm spinning 2 days a week and trying to get a 20 minute walk in 2 or 3 days a week. I recently gave up my crossfit class. I'm already missing it but I was feeling uncomfortable after the class with pelvic pressure. The doctor told me last week I should keep workouts in the 20 minute range. She also explained that the more in shape we are the easier labor will be! Going to do some squats now...

;)
  • Options
    I am keeping as active as I can, I actually do prenatel yoga every day and it helps me to stretch out and relax me at the end the day so I can sleep better at night as well as walk 30 mins or more every day in the mornings! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"