Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Should I be upset?

My daughter is 8 months old, and daycare sent 2 of her bottles home with another baby. It is a long weekend here in Louisiana, due to Mardi Gras. We wouldn't be getting them back until Wednesday. Her bottles are clearly labeled with Orbit labels. This issue really bothers me, but my husband thinks I over reacting. I definitely don't want the bottles back, but daycare is just acting like it's no big deal. It makes me wonder if bottles are also mixed up during the day. Is this something that happens often at daycares? This never happened with my first child.
Photobucket

Re: Should I be upset?

• I would be upset too. My DD only uses her Advent Natural bottle and I do not have alot of them. If they got sent home to anothers house i would not have enough. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use the same bottles. Thanks for the response.
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • braylei said:
    My daughter is 8 months old, and daycare sent 2 of her bottles home with another baby. It is a long weekend here in Louisiana, due to Mardi Gras. We wouldn't be getting them back until Wednesday. Her bottles are clearly labeled with Orbit labels. This issue really bothers me, but my husband thinks I over reacting. I definitely don't want the bottles back, but daycare is just acting like it's no big deal. It makes me wonder if bottles are also mixed up during the day. Is this something that happens often at daycares? This never happened with my first child.
    I think you are way overreacting.  It's a mistake. Mistakes happen.  My kids have accidentally taken something home by mistake, we simply return it the next day they are at daycare.  One time DS1 brought home someone else's sweatshirt in his bag because he told the teacher it was his. It wasn't but it didn't have a tag on it and again when dealing with multiple children this happens occasionally. I mean other than apologize what do you want them to do? I would just go to the store and buy some more. If it happened every single week, yes that would be a concern, but once eh not an issue.  

• Are you perfect? Have you ever made a mistake?

You are overreacting. Get the bottles back, sterlize them, and move on.

• Over reacting, and why would you not want your bottle back now? Mistakes happen (labeled or not). DS had an explosive diaper and his dirty pants ended up going home with another kid. Not the kind of surprise I'd want, but they came back the next day. He's also had his jacket go home with the wrong kid before. It's going to happen occasionally. If you really don't want to lose something, then don't send it in (I inow bottles are a necessity, but there are plenty of brands and prices out there).
  • Yes, I would be upset if it happened all the time. Once, though? Another kid had a similar bag to ours at daycare and the bottles got mixed up at the end of the day a couple times. We always just washed them and traded out the next day. It happens.
  • Thanks for the responses. Of course, I'm not perfect. This is something that never happened with my other daughter, and this is not the first occurrence. My baby was given another student's food, and I've had items from others. I guess, I just feel they should be more careful when putting items away. 
    Photobucket
  • KnbhKnbh member
    My son has severe food allergies, so I'd be incredibly concerned that the daycare switched bottles and fed my son the other kid's formula
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"