Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Considering changing Ob, not sure where to go

We recently moved from Oakmont area out to butler county. I'm 6 wks with baby #2. Baby 1 was born at Magee and my OB was over in that area & has no offices near butler. It will take me close to a hour drive to make any appointment with them. I called to schedule my visit and they have no avaibility till mid April to see me for my 1st apt..... That makes me almost 12 weeks at that apt...This makes me nervous not only the drive but the pregnancy troubles I have had in the past (MC, gestational diabetes, etc.) at 1st I thought I wanted to stay with the same office but now I feel I need to find a new office close to butler county. Any suggestions or experiences on delivering at other hospitals besides Magee? Any Ob suggestions? Would you stick it out at the old ob or switch to a new one?
I'm not from pa originally so I can't ask family & none of my coworkers have kids yet.... So any input is greatly appreciated.... Thank you

Re: Considering changing Ob, not sure where to go

• Options
    I love Dr. B.W. Morrison! He is located at St. Margaret's in Fox Chapel. He is an independent doctor, so he accepts all insurances. He delivered my first two at West Penn... Wonderful experience both times. I drove from Belle Vernon, PA during my second pregnancy because he is so great.
  • Options
    I think the Midwives at Magee have 1 day a week at an OB GYN office in Butler. I currently see a midwife at an office in Wexford but will deliver at Magee. It has worked out well and prevented me from having to drive to Oakland but for the birth.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    East suburban OB has several offices...one in monroeville not to far from oakmont, and could still then deliver at magee.  Forbes also had a great birthing unit and nurses, however wasn't wild about the docs that deliver there and they are the only group that does (high csection rate, lack of caring from some of the docs)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"