July 2013 Moms

And the bumper is back up...

I removed the mesh bumper from LO's crib because I read that when they become mobile, they can use them to hoist themselves up. Well it's back up after I just ran into her room to find her screaming. Her chubby little leg got stuck and it took DH a while to get it out. Scariest moment ever. She was crying so hard. Sad day for mommy. She's sleeping now, but I can't wait for her to get up so I can snuggle her some more.
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

Re: And the bumper is back up...

• Awe. Just be careful. DD used those to spider-woman out of her crib at 11 months.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MRads What a great idea! Thanks!

View Full Size Image

• Also a friend weaves hers in & out of the slats. Like a basket.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• How scary for baby and parents! Glad she's okay!
  • Glad she's ok!

LO still hasn't used his crib :-q
  • We didnt have bumpers til DD did this. She kept sticking her leg in but it wasnt stuck but one day it got so stuck we had to use baby oil to get it out. :(
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • @miss2697‌ That would scare the cap out of me too.

We have the mesh bumpers and lo is starting to pull herself up to standing in the crib. She's a daredevil so i wonder what will happen first: leg or arm stuck or climbing out :P
  • Sleep sacks!

I love these, but James was still able to lay sideways and get his legs stuck. He had a fever that day (I hadn't realized it yet because he was fine when he went down) and he was too sleepy to cry... He just kept whining then passing out. Finally I went in there and it took some force to free him. Poor little boy :(.

• Lelo2006 said:

Sleep sacks!

I love these, but James was still able to lay sideways and get his legs stuck. He had a fever that day (I hadn't realized it yet because he was fine when he went down) and he was too sleepy to cry... He just kept whining then passing out. Finally I went in there and it took some force to free him. Poor little boy :(.

Oh no! They worked like a charm for my first LO. Bummer that it's not a solution for you :o( Sorry!

It hasn't happened again! So I'm still on the sleep sack band wagon. :)
  •  I never even considered sleep sacks because LO despised the swaddle. We had to stop using them pretty quickly because she screamed bloody murder. She's a mover and a shaker!

View Full Size Image

• A sleep sack discourage a baby climbing out of crib. We started using one when DS turned 3 month, too mobile for a swaddle. Never tried climbing out of crib. His baby deedee sleep nest still keeps him warm and cozy in his crib. I'm glad they have a size that goes up to 36 months. Hoping it would keep him a little longer in the crib.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"