August 2015 Moms
Options

Second Trimester Lies

Whoever said this leg would be easier, fibbed! Nausea is in full-effect & headaches are still hangin around.

Re: Second Trimester Lies

• Options
    That's what I said! I am almost 19 weeks and it's better but I still have boura of nausea. I'm just glad the throwing up has stopped.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AshK1027 said:

Whoever said this leg would be easier, fibbed! Nausea is in full-effect & headaches are still hangin around.

Imagine how much harder it would have been to get through the first trimester though if you did not think that there was a light at the end of the tunnel! How far into the 2nd Tri are you? My nausea and headaches lasted a few weeks in. I still get a bit of nausea here and there and some occasional headaches, but it is definitely getting better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, 16 weeks and still throwing up pretty much every morning. But that's normal for me. I'm usually better by around 18-19 weeks.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

• Options
    With my previous 2 pregnancies, 2nd trimester was much better. This time around, exhaustion has not gotten better and headaches are awful, it makes it hard to work.
  • Options
    yes, I was told I would have more energy!  It was a blatant LIE.  also the headaches have been a real bear.
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I couldent agree more! I am still incredibly nauseous at almost 17 weeks and soo exhausted I can hardly make it through the work day. Im trying to be optimistic, it could still happen.
  • Options
    Like I've always said "every pregnancy is different". Some women are lucky to feel better and some aren't.

Hope you feel better soon OP!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have developed round ligament pain and yowza it hurts. Still exhausted and headaches and stuffed up.
  • Options
    I am in soo much pain! My groins hurt and the pain radiates down the inside of my thighs...it hurts to get up, it hurts to walk I don't know how I am going to take this for another 4,5-5 months. The pain makes me not want to do anything, go anywhere and I feel so bad about that. I told my doctor at my last appointment and all she said was that its normal and im stretching or whatever but my first pregnancy was such a breeze compared to this and nothing hurt.

Baby Boy 4.8 kg, 55 cm born 10.31.2010 
    Expecting #2  8.16.2015 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    And where is "the glow" that I've heard about??? I feel like a teen again with the state of my skin!! Nausea gone thankfully but now I pee 10 times a day and have round ligament pains that are practically with me the entire time. 17 weeks and hoping once I feel that first kick all will be forgiven
  • Options
    2nd trimester has been the worst!
  • Options
    ugh im 15 weeks and feeling like hell still :-/
  • Options
    I agree. 18 weeks 4 days and I feel like that light at the end is getting further and further away. These headaches, vomiting, and tummy aches are killing me. :(
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • Options

@mrssmhs the glow happens when your 40 weeks pregnant in the middle of August and sweatin' balls ;)

This this! Coming from a previous August momma that's exactly what happens. Then dealing with a newborn in 99 degree weather in September is even better ;)
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I thought my skin would improve somewhat... Still looking like a 13 year old with bacne.
  • Options
    For most people the second is the best trimester, but that's just in comparison to the first and third, I didn't start feeling like myself again until my son was weaned at age 1! For those who feel exhausted... have you had your iron levels checked?? The baby takes a lot of iron and I don't know about you but in the first trimester I couldn't handle the thought of eating meat or most veg so my iron levels dropped heaps which can cause physicsl exhaustion..
  • Options
    "oh you'll have more energy! You won't be hurting as much! you won't have headaches!" I call bullshit lol, I may have a bit more energy but not like "they" claim. I could still sleep for 10-12 hours and wake up still tired, the headaches and my God the acne! I swear I feel like a teen again, its on my back, my chest my face and gross!
  • Options
    mrssmhsmrssmhs member
    edited March 2015
    Lucky for me @CaliforniaDream87 I live in Cape Town, South Africa so my baby is actually a winter/spring baby
  • Options
    nixhnixh member
    @mrssmhs I am also in Cape Town!! Really glad it won't be summer! I have been dying in this heat.
  • Options
    froggiefiofroggiefio member
    edited March 2015
    I'm with ya!!! 18wks and so much hip and groin/stomach stretching pains. I run marathons so I'm used to body aches (especially joints and hips) but this wins. Good luck!
  • Options
    I got rid of some problems only to get new ones. I'm finally feeling a little better at 18w.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    18 1/2 weeks and I am exhausted! Sleepy all day but if I take a nap im up until 3am. I am pretty thankful though; I've only have 2 of those dreaded head aches so far
  • Options
    Same here....I am still exhausted.  Still get nausea, still cant sleep the whole night, headaches Etc who ever said of this is such an amazing time lied LOL  Although baby flutters are pretty awesome
    ~*~*~Gina Lucio-Harris ~*~*~

• Options
    I am more exhuasted now than I ever was in the 1st Trimester and the insomnia that hits at 2am doesn't help any.
  • Options
    I am still lacking energy.. barely able to get through work and basics at home let alone stuff accomplished to preparefor baby... something has got to give!!
  • Options
    I'm so exhausted I can barely do anything! And I get contractions or weird pains if I try to walk more than 5 minutes or do otherwise mundane things. I'm so frustrated and just want my old self back!
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone though! I was starting to feel like the only suffering pregnant person around mE
  • Options
    So glad to hear I'm not the only one!!! I'm 18 weeks 5 days & so far this is the most exhausted I've been! I'm an elementary school teacher & can barely make it through the school day. As soon as I get home I need to lay down & put my feet up. My poor husband is probably bored out of his mind bc I just don't feel like doing ANYTHING once I get home! I am also having terrible round ligament pains & prenatal carpal tunnel. Trimester #2 sucks so far...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"