May 2015 Moms
Options

gift for big brother/sister?

anyone given any thoughts to a gift the baby can give to the big brother/sister? Specifically a 2.5 year old sibling? I haven't come up with much... just a toy he is wanting or something more sentimental?

Re: gift for big brother/sister?

• Options
    Our dd is 2.5 and we bought her one of those little jeeps that she can drive. With a May baby, it's pretty perfect timing for a cool outdoor toy. We planned to buy her one anyway, but this is coming from the baby to her now. It's also pink and one seater and very specifically just HERS, not one she needs to share.

Her godmother is also giving her a big sister gift, which includes a doll, diapers, bottles, nursing cover, pretend ergo, etc. She has a real interest in babies and "helping" so we wanted to give her her own stuff she could use on her own baby. 
  • Options
    My boys will be 4 and 9 when little bro is born. They are each getting a camera and photo book to make their own memories of their time. Also they are going to go on a mini trip to the coast with their uncle the first weekend baby is home.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am all for including siblings when it comes to a new baby. For my cousin's meet the baby she requested books for her son who was 5. My daughter is turning 9 and my in laws asked for little items for a big sister survival kit! She got coloring books and books my best friend of course went overboard and got her a $30 gift card and myself and husband bought her a doll she's been asking for and everyone included advice on being a big sister. So yay I would say get him the toy but also something small that he can keep forever.
  • Options
    I ordered a bag that says "Big Sister" on it. In the bag I put a disposable camera, a pack of crayons, a couple coloring and activity books, some candy and a container of crackers, and I'm going to add a few smaller things as time gets closer such as some play doh and things like that. And this is for my daughter who is 3.5 years old.
  • Options
    I was thinking of getting my daughter a personalized story book, but I LOVE the big sister bag idea as well! Will have to look into that!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Pinterest is a great place to look too. I have pinned several myself big sis and big bro kits, they have different stuff depending on the age of the child.
  • Options
    ekaebekaeb member
    I will be doing this for my two sons! I did it when I had my second child and my first was 3! He actually remembered it he is the one that told my younger son when baby gets here they get a gift from her! Just like he did when he was born! Was nice to now he rendered something like that!!! Nothing big or expensive just a simple toy they want hot wheels! I'm also thinking of having them pick something out for her
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"