April 2015 Moms
Options

Monday Morning Madness- Share complaints

frenchyjfrenchyj member
edited March 2015 in April 2015 Moms
Friday (33w 5d)I went to my doc- got an exam because I felt more pressure and plug fell out- i was 2cm? 50%, -1, anterior. Straight to hospital for steroid shots and to stop labor. Went back to the hospital Saturday to get the second shot. Now my legs are tingly, my butt hurts, my BH contractions are super strong ONLY at night and I have severe night sweats (it's 3:45am and I have replaced my towel and Pjs 3 times!).

I love my baby girl and we are very excited to meet her- but these night sweats are horrendous. I'm hoping the steroids relax soon and i can sleep again. How is everyone else doing?

Re: Monday Morning Madness- Share complaints

• Options
    I hope things start going more smooth for you!

My only big complaints are my pelvic pain, which literally developed within a day and hit me all at once, and my major insomnia. I am waking up every hour, pretty much from start to finish.

Even though I think my insomnia is derived from my medication used to control my fasting levels, I also like to think of this as preparation for the baby's arrival. Surprisingly I'm not as tired as I thought I would be.
  • Options
    My main complaint is the hip pain, i went to a few phisio sessions which didn't help and the phisio said to call and she would arrange for 1 on 1 sessions and would try to fit me for a hip/ belly support (which literally no store near me sells and i don't trust buying that sort of thing online for sizing) I've been calling her twice a week since but she's never in and never returns my calls!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm also struggling with hip and pelvic pain.  Every so often the baby moves and must hit a nerve because it sends terrible pain down the insides of my legs, or sometimes the back of my legs.  Also having terrible back and rib pain, but my back is in pretty rough shape even without a giant baby hanging off the front of me, so that's to be expected.  And of course the insomnia...wake up every 1-2 hours to pee, then it takes at least an hour to fall back asleep after tossing and turning and trying every pillow combination I can think of! Love my baby already and feel so privileged that I am able to build this beautiful little life inside me, but I'm ready to hold her in my arms instead of my uterus! 
  • Options
    annalynn07annalynn07 member
    edited March 2015
    I've spent most of the weekend throwing up. Woke up throwing up again. I'm 36+2 so getting really antsy to finish as I've been sick the whole pregnancy. Went to the doc on Friday and had my first internal, I was 1cm and 60%. Trying not to get false hope from that that the end is near, bc I realize it could stay that way for 4 weeks but man oh man I'm ready to be done.
  • Options
    I'm 36 weeks and Feeling swollen and my arms go numb all the time when I am laying down. Work was no fun yesterday. Had to take a break to prop my feet up where I normally wouldn't need one because I had never seen my ankles so swollen in my life and I was sweating like crazy. My hips and upper back are always in pain and I feel like I walk like a 90 year old. I wake up after sleeping for 3 hours and feel like I've been asleep all night, and then I'm awake every hour from there. It's definitely getting rough now.
  • Options
    I've been in a really bad mood lately...I just can't shake my grumpiness which is odd because I've been in a great mood for most of this pregnancy. And I'm super excited to meet LO so I don't really know what's up. :/

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The pelvic and hip pain, my increasingly awful acid reflux and my whole 2 hours of sleep last night because of night sweats. I'm a zombie...
  • Options
    You poor ladies! I am so sorry to hear how much pain everyone is in. My complaint is much less important. I am leaving for my last work trip today. I'm glad it is my last trip but at 34+2 I just want to stay home with my family. Instead I will be running to the airport and in hotels all week. Plus DH and I have a little worry in the back of our minds about baby coming this week. No reason to think he will or I wouldn't go but "what if???" At least it is my last trip though!
  • Options
    Just hit 36 weeks today and I have broken out with this crazy rash and itchy and also I fell off the toilet this morning as I went to get up and the sharp pain that shot through my hips took me down it hurts so bad I have appt tomorrow so I'm hoping for the best but getting to the point where I just want it over
  • Options
    35+3 here. Ugh! Can't sleep but I'm super tired. I'm so OVER this stuffy nose. I feel like I poop 20x a day...like aren't I supposed to have some sort of constipation?? My back hurts, my feet hurt, my hips hurt, I hurt all over! I just want to meet my princess already!!
  • Options
    Mine is not really pregnancy related.  Yesterday DD1 had a cheer competition.  The club putting it on should be majorly embarrassed with how it turned out.  They had a hard time finding a venue, and the one they ended up booking was an exhibition hall at a hotel.  Thus,not enough seating.  Plus, they took until Friday to finalize the schedule, so we didn't even know our performance time until 2 days before. So, anyways, I paid $10 to get in, which is fine and normal for these events.  However, due to said lack of seating I had to sit on the floor for 2 hours. Then the announcer kept saying, "Please do not sit on the floor unless your team is performing," in a super rude tone (not to mention other inappropriate comments he made).  Well then buddy, tell me exactly where to sit because I don't see people jumping up to offer their seat.  Why don't you tell the people who weren't sitting in their seats yet saving them with personal items to move their $h!t?  Don't even get me started on the judging, or lack thereof.  Anyways, like I said they should be majorly embarrassed.  I think they only reason our gym even participates in their event is because we are located in the same city, so we are trying to be good sports.  

Also, all illness needs to leave my house.  DD1 was at the doctor last week and has an ear infection.  Last night DD2 was up every hour crying, and I'm taking her in later.  I'm pretty sure she's had an unresolved ear infection since December.  I'm hoping tubes are on our horizon. 
  • Options
    So I have been a super disgusting sweat balm at night- I woke up this morning with a yeast infection under my boobs. WTH?????
  • Options
    I tried to take a nap today, and one of our dogs decided to have a bout of diarrhea on our bedroom floor. Yayyyy... I have come to the conclusion that I will not be able to sleep. Ever. :)
  • Options
    I have trouble falling asleep because of my breathing, then when I do finally fall asleep, DH decides to wake me up when I snore. He said it gets pretty bad sometimes and sounds like I'm dying, but I figure if I stop breathing I'll wake up, so just let me sleep while I can! The other night he woke me up four times in two hours! After the last time he elbowed me I couldn't get back to sleep for a few hours, so I had to go to work on like three hours of sleep.

Also, night sweats are nasty, pelvic pain is getting really annoying, and OMG my belly is so itchy! I moisturize frequently, but nothing seems to help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The carpal tunnel is so bad (in both wrists) that I can barely use either of my hands to grasp anything. OBGYN says it's likely to get worse for a few weeks after delivery before it gets any better. Just how am I supposed to care for an infant when I can't hold a firk properly?
  • Options
    This has nothing to do with my pregnancy but we have a leak under our master bathroom floor. Today I peed in that bathroom and the toilet overflowed everywhere when I flushed.
  • Options
    My hips and back are killing me. My husband is being such an a$$. He is the first one sleeping everynight and the last one up in the morning. We have a 2 year that used to have a schedule until I started asking my husband to help since I've been sick. Doesn't go to bed til 10 and will not sleep in his big boy bed. So here I am at 34 weeks and starting over with the schedule I started with at 8 weeks. Oh and I wake up at 3 everyday and can't get back to sleep
  • Options
    I am pretty confident that I have bronchitis again and it is ticking me off. I had a bad bout of bronchitis and the flu during christmas and since then I have not been 100%. For the the last few weeks I have sounded like an 85yr old chain smoker with a man voice and disgusting cough. Back to the Dr yet again to see how I can kick this thing before the baby arrives. My stomach muscles ache from coughing so much and I swear I have felt the baby jump a few times during really bad cough attacks. 
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options
    riarabun said:

The carpal tunnel is so bad (in both wrists) that I can barely use either of my hands to grasp anything. OBGYN says it's likely to get worse for a few weeks after delivery before it gets any better. Just how am I supposed to care for an infant when I can't hold a firk properly?

Ask your doctor about the injections!! I got them my first pregnancy and can not rave about them enough! CP sucks!
  • Options
    kmayababykmayababy member
    edited March 2015
    I had that with my last!!! Avoid snaps, use as many zippered night gowns as possible. It didnt get worse for me after delivery, my doctor gave me lasix to help lose the fluid after baby was born! Good luck!!
  • Options
    I keep cleaning, unpacking, putting things away, washing/folding the clothes, putting things up, putting things together (while simultaneously cursing and crying that my sweet husband is not here then applauding myself for putting together whatever item caused the meltdown) but I never feel like I am getting anywhere!
    Staring at 4 weeks and freaking out:(
  • Options
    Ladies with the pelvic pains the one and only thing that helps me is Belly binding honestly YouTube it ! I use a twin sized sheet and it brings your belly pressure off your pelvis and supports your back I couldn't make it through the day without doing it ! My Midwife taught me and it's how I've made it this far ! Give it a shot :)
  • Options
    I'm 37 weeks and trying to work until I pop, but just being tired all of the time and having cramps throughout the day makes it difficult.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"