August 2015 Moms
Options

Diaper Derby

Has anyone heard of a diaper derby?? Someone told me my husband should have one and I have never heard of it. I guess it's when the guys get together and bring diapers and beer, like a baby shower for the men! Just wondering if anyone has heard of this or has done it.. My husband would certainly love this and I would enjoy all the diapers :) but I don't want to throw it ourselves because it might be a bit tacky!

Re: Diaper Derby

• Options
    Never heard of it. Are his friends the husbands of your friends? If so, I wouldn't have one if you are having a shower since your friends will already be buying you a gift - if their husbands have to buy diapers too it is like double dipping.
  • Options
    aotto87aotto87 member
    edited March 2015
    It's very common in my area. We call it a diaper party. The guys brought a pack of diapers, and we supplied food and beer (donated by family members, which was their offer). It was a fun bbq atmosphere and made my Dh feel special, too! We had diapers for like the first 3 months or more!

****DS born 08/18/2015****Baby squishy due 08/03/2015****

beach

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have not heard of this yet it sounds very interesting. We were thinking however of a unisex baby shower in which men and women are invited. Maybe a barbecue type thing. Something along those lines that both sexes can enjoy.
  • Options
    It's like a baby shower for men. I've heard about it but it's not too common around here.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We call it Huggies and Chuggies! Men bring diapers and beer and party lol my husband is having one the same day as my shower- his friend is hosting. I think he should be able to celebrate too!
  • Options
    I've only heard it called a "diaper keg." The parents to be buy a keg and the "cover" is a pack of diapers :)
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards