October 2015 Moms

name advice

My husband and I have had a boy name picked out for forever but girls names are hard! I recently fell in love with a girls name, but here's the kicker. It is my husband's daughter's middle name. He's ok with using it. She is almost 7 and I know she would think it's amazing. But, is it taboo to use it?

Re: name advice

• Not unless she goes by it. It might be a cute way to honor her as the big sister even.
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • I think you should keep looking! You've still got lots of time. What's the name? We are stuck on girls names too!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Loading the player...
  • I dont see an issue with it, maybe ask his little girl about it? If she has no issue with it then I dont see why it would be a problem at all :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • If you both love it maybe you could talk to her to see how she would feel about it. I agree that it would be a great way to honor the big sister and I myself would have loved it if it were me but i think that you guys should also ask her how she feels about it. I know what its like to be stuck on names. My SO and i have 2 we are stuck on, one his nephew used when he and his girlfriend had their daughter (Alice) as one of her middle names and the other We love but he isn't sure as he also loves Emily though i don't 
  • I would ask but I will also say I have two male cousins (from the same uncle) that are names Ryan Michael and Michael Ryan. They never seemed to mind as both went by their first names.
  • Heres another thing.My step daughter goes by her first name, emma, but sometimes when her mom calls her to get her attention or as a nickname sometimes called her by her middle name Riley. I just love little girls with more traditional boy names. But I will definitely run it by her. I might even ask my husband's ex. Just to see how she feels too. I do have plenty of time though haha. I don't even know if it's a girl! But I have that feeling. :)
  • You could try Brylee. Its different but still close. Thats my daughter's name
  • It doesn't sound like a big deal to me. Different spelling would help a little, too. I know a Riley and a Ryleigh. Both spellings are cute.
  • My daughters name is Rylee. If this is a girl, we are keeping with the "lee" theme: Kinslee, Paislee, or Blakelee. I think using the name would be a cute way to honor big sister too!
  • kem0140 said:

My daughters name is Rylee. If this is a girl, we are keeping with the "lee" theme: Kinslee, Paislee, or Blakelee. I think using the name would be a cute way to honor big sister too!

I LOVE Paislee! I wanted to name a girl Paisley, but there is a comic book character with that name that my husband hates. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"