June 2015 Moms

ankle swelling

I'm 25 weeks and yesterday was the first day I had swelling. I sit at a desk most the day then I had came home and had been cooking and cleaning for an hour or so when I noticed. Is this normal at 25 weeks? Anything to help it? Please don't be rude that this is a dumb question, it's my first pregnancy and not sure what is normal when... Thank you

Re: ankle swelling

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @newman373 Not a dumb question! I would encourage you to post future questions like this in our daily Symptoms Thread.

I haven't had ankle swelling but yes to hand swelling.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you... My rings are off already, I miss them... Have to hit the hubby up on the foot rub tonight.
  • Yup. Totally normal. My doc told me to watch my salt intake and get my get up at night. I had minor leg swelling through third tri with my daughter too.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• I had sever swelling with DS1 at this point...all over but especially in my legs/ankles/feet (I had cankles by this point last time), but my OB told me to start wearing compression socks now, before the swelling really starts and they do help (you can get some decently priced ones on Amazon). Also whenever you can elevate your feet (above your heart if possible). Also, like PP said limit your salt and drink extra water, sounds counter intuitive, but it helps.

The only good part about swelling (water weight) is it comes off super fast after the birth--I lost 30 lb in 3 weeks after DS1 was born. Just be sure to sleep on a towel after you deliver cause it comes off mostly through sweating it out at night and this way you won't have to constantly change the sheets.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Try drinking more water. Your body won't feel the need to hang onto as much fluid if it is getting enough water. That being said, some swelling is normal.
      Blessed Mama to the sweetest boy in the world (11/9/13), one angel baby, and two fur babies: Mattie Dog and Stanley Cat.
  • I get some pretty intense ankle and foot swelling cause I have some pre-exisiting foot issues anyway. Both of my ankles are weak and arthritic, and the right will be swollen even when I am not pregnant, so pregnancy swelling has made it pretty bad. It has been mostly manageable with an ankle brace and limiting my time on my feet, but I am planning to discuss with my Dr tomorrow cause I work on my feet, and its now taking me a whole day or more to recover my feet from working a shift (I work part time so at least I have the extra recovery time).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • newman373 said:

I'm 25 weeks and yesterday was the first day I had swelling. I sit at a desk most the day then I had came home and had been cooking and cleaning for an hour or so when I noticed. Is this normal at 25 weeks? Anything to help it? Please don't be rude that this is a dumb question, it's my first pregnancy and not sure what is normal when... Thank you

I had swelling starting at 20 weeks! Im now 28w2d and it's still just getting worse... My OB said its normal and suggested compression stockings from the drug store which I should probably try!!! I work in healthcare and my feet literally swell over my clogs... Gross! Anyway not a dumb question... And anyone that takes the time to be rude has way too much time on their hands lol. Hang in there!!!!
  • I started swelling around 22 weeks. I teach elementary music and spend have had to try hard to make myself sit while teaching. I put my feet up as soon as I can when I get home and try to take it easy on the weekends.
  • Oh yeah... fred Flintstone here! :(
  • Thanks everyone!
  • amooraxoamooraxo member
    edited March 2015
    I'm noticing it also this week... 25 weeks. Had no swelling before this week. I've also been feeling warmer lately... so that may be contributing to the swelling. 

I put a document box under my desk at work so I can prop my feet up a bit. I think it's helping. 
    Married: 28 August 2014
    BFP #1: 11 October 2014
    EDD: 22 June 2015 -- updated DD: 20 June 2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"