May 2015 Moms
Options

Fundal Height @ 24 weeks

had a doctors appointment today and my fundal height came in measuring large for my gestational age, 28 cm. my doctor scheduled a. Ultrasound for my next appointment which will also be my glucose tolerance test. Anyone else have experience with measuring large?

Re: Fundal Height @ 24 weeks

• Options
    I measured 31 weeks when i was 24w 4d! They sent me for an ultrasound. My fluids are on the high end and lo is measuring a little over a week ahead but all is good :)
  • Options
    I'm 27 weeks with twins and they've beaver measured me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my 26 wk doc appointment on Thursday and I am measuring 28.5 cm, hopefully just a large healthy baby and nothing to be worried about :)
  • Options
    Hi.  I'm looking for an answer to the same question.  I was 6cm ahead at 23 weeks and seem to be that far ahead still at 27 weeks.  I see the Midwife Thursday for my GD test.  likga what happened with you?
  • Options
    duynguyen51duynguyen51 member
    edited March 2015
    likga said:

had a doctors appointment today and my fundal height came in measuring large for my gestational age, 28 cm. my doctor scheduled a. Ultrasound for my next appointment which will also be my glucose tolerance test. Anyone else have experience with measuring large?

Hey this happened to me! I went for my 27 weeks appt and OB measured me at 31cm. That's a whole freaking months, she didn't seem concern and I asked if I should eat less and she said no. She said that I petite and short so that's why. I was worried when I got home so I called the nurse and asked why that happened? They told me it could be the way the baby is positioned when they measured, or too much amniotic fluid which happened to some peoples.
    My glucose test came and I have developed gestational diabetes, which is another reason why baby could measured larger :(.
    But I don't know 100%, I just googled it. Tomorrow I have an appt with nutritionist so I will know for sure.
    But everybody is different don't worry too much, peoples said the measurement are not akways correct anyway.
  • Options
    At 24 weeks i was measuring 31so my dr sent me for an ultrasound. Baby was measuring about a week ahead and fluids were a little high but nothing to worry about. Alot of it has to do with the babys position too. Now im 31 weeks and only measuring slightly ahead. Most likely due to baby moving.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"