May 2015 Moms
Options

being mean

Have you been told that your being mean to your so and not realizing what your doing. Until they snap at you because they are sick of being treated bad? And there are other things going on but you have to wait for them to talk to you about it.

Re: being mean

• Options
    Yea ive been told by my boyfriend family n coworkers. I also feel when im getting irritated n feel disgusted with people which makes me act mean. I try to distance myself. But theres times when im told im being mean or im handling something in a mean way and dont notice. I feel its hormones because i wasnt like this before i got pregnant.
  • Options
    I was kind of mean sometimes to some people before I got pregnant but it's gotten worse. But I never was mean to my bf. And then he feels the only time I want anything to do with him is when I want something or I'm bitching or nagging at him. And he's finally had enough. He let it slide because I'm pregnant. But I honestly didn't see it. So now it's been building up and he's just now telling me this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been told that my thoughts are right on my face. I work with clients who are sometimes a little nutty so I've had to make a conscious effort to remind myself to smile and not let them see that I'm annoyed. My patience has become really short.
  • Options
    Yeah patience isn't exactly strong when your pregnant.
  • Options
    I wouldn't call myself mean, I would just say that my filter has become nonexistent which just makes it seem like I'm being a royal bitch. Whoops!
  • Options
    My SO has said the same thing and I honestly can't see it. I try really, really hard to be nice and appreciative all the time. He makes blanket statements like, "you think I do everything the wrong way." And when I ask for specific examples, he can't actually give me any. 

I think (at least a little) he's feeling the pressure of becoming a dad really soon and instead of identifying that, it's easier to be overly sensitive to anything I say. So lately I've been looking for small things I can do for him like giving him a card letting him know how much I love and appreciate him, or making the bed (normally his job). It's not much but it does seem like it's helping him feel a little more loved :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I was looking at cards the other day. And I keep wanting to cuddle. I always wanna cuddle. I think he's just going through a lot with money and I nag him too much. Good luck to you
  • Options
    I was really bad at the beginning, I just didn't care. I had no filter and didn't let anybody walk all over me. I did better in my second trimester, I still didn't take any shit, but I was nicer about it. Now that I'm getting uncomfortable again it might end up being a different story.
  • Options
    i always get told that I'm "being mean".  I've actually gotten used to it.  I wouldn't call it "being mean" though....I'll just say I'm "brutally honest" at times. 
    ...and then my Resting Bitch Face may also have a lot to do with it but hey, whatever. I'm a cool chick at the end of the day lol 
    ;)
  • Options
    Guilty. And when I do it I know I'm doing it.... I get so mad that I just explode... I get so irritated over the smallest things. My hubby was drinking a can soda and all of a sudden I scream " do you have to be so disgusting, stop gulping its not going anywhere"
  • Options
    I do that to my brother. Honestly my brother gets the worst of it. But I had no idea I was doing it to my bf too. I mean ive had a somewhat easy pregnancy so far. Yeah sure in the beginning I was so uncomfortable and had so much back pain and was so moody plus always being tired but now I'm in my third trimester and I'm starting to feel better and a actually want to do things. I wish he saw that it's just the pregnancy.
  • Options
    jmorneau09jmorneau09 member
    edited March 2015
    As I'm reading everyone's posts I'm realizing how mean and intolerant I've been lately. I know that I've been feeling really annoyed with just about everyone lately but I thought I had been doing a good job of keeping it to myself. Evedentally not....i just asked the hubbs and he claims I've been a real troll! Oops. I guess I will have to make a better effort to keep it under control.
  • Options
    Good luck :)
  • Options
    Oh yeah, it's just a pregnancy thing. And, for me at least, it gets worse as I get closer to the end. I had to start really isolating myself in the last few weeks because I just could not handle people!!! Especially after I passed my due date. If one more person asked, "Are you still pregnant?" I was going to kill them.
    imageimage
  • Options
    But what do you do when your bf feels like you want nothing to do with him. He feels like what he's doing isn't enough. And he's tired of it. I mean in my eyes when he told me that he tried to be close to me or whatever I wanted nothing to do with him. And how for like 2 months it was only when i wanted something or I was nagging at him. Now I'm tryin to make it up to him. I just can't deal with him being distant even tho he said he needed space. I'm trying. But he also feel asleep on the couch two nights in a row. I don't think it was on purpose. But I got upset when I went to go get him and he woke up and 5 mins later got a drink and went back in the living room! I mean he usually comes to bed. I know he's been tired a lot lately. But I don't like sleeping without him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"