Trouble TTC

Miscarriage, AF, & Metformin

Hey ya'll! 

I am 23 years old and my DH is 25 we will be married a year in April. Last month (Jan. 28) I had a m/c with out 1st baby. When I went in to see my OB to make sure everything was cleaned out of my body naturally they discovered that I have cyst all over my ovaries (PCOS). We were very lucky because I was able to get pregnant on the first try back in December and at the time didn't know I had PCOS so I wasn't on any medications. Today is my first day having AF again after the m/c and today I will also start taking Metformin. I am a big ball of emotions (worse than I thought I would be). I'm just so nervous about how my body is going to take to the Metformin and what if my DH and I don't get so lucky and we're not able to get pregnant again so easily. I really just feel so lost and need some advice and encouragement. thanks!  
           -XOXO

Re: Miscarriage, AF, & Metformin

• Welcome, and I am very sorry for your loss.  You have come to the right place, and many women have been on this board who have beaten PCOS.   Please pull up a chair, and make yourself comfortable...  I hope that your stay is short and sweet!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Welcome.. I have been on Meformin for 4 years now for both Type II Diabetes and PCOS.. Before I started it I had really irregular periods.. I now have 32 day cycles like clockwork.. The only thing I will tell you is to take your metformin with meals.  If you take it on an empty stomach you are going to have some stomach issues.  You may have some stomach issues in the beginning anyway but you will get used to it and it really does help.  Good luck on your journey! 
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Loading the player...
  • @cupcakegal930 , thank you! Today will be day 6 of taking it and last I started to have a little bit of stomach issues :( I am pushing through it though cause i know the final outcome is going to totally be worth it! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"