March 2015 Moms

Home birthers?

Wondering if any mamas out there are planning a home birth...

Re: Home birthers?

• Not a home birth but a birthing center here... My SIL and MIL had their 4 and 5 kids all at home. Much respect :)
  • 2nd Hbac here. Love my home birth.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was dying for a home birth but my house isn't suitable. I've decided on a birth centre instead - very envious of you, good luck!
  • I wasnt but didn't have a choice as had no warning signs i was in labour till i felt a urge i needed to push but my home birth was the best feeling ever even tho it was a unexpected fast one :-)
  • @selena61307

How have you been feeling? You were having lots of false labor pains weren't you?
  • Stopped ptl. Thought for sure I would have the baby as soon as I was off bed rest. Nope. So I am living with contractions 15 min apart most days. No baby in sight. Just constant contractions. 38 weeks today guessing we will go all the way after that ptl scare.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh goodness. Does your midwife think it's the position of baby, or just how things go this time around?
  • Me! Due March 28
  • fun! i am due march 30th - is this your first baby? good luck to all the mamas on here, home birthing and birth centering! <3

my first was in hospital and intervention free.  I remember feeling WAYY more nervous last time and the last month was misery - now i almost feel too confident, almost like i'm not ready to give birth yet. weird?
  • First time mom due March 28th and I can't wait for our home birth. I would love a birthing center but there are non in our area!!
  • Oh goodness. Does your midwife think it's the position of baby, or just how things go this time around?

We think it is just how my body preps. We had ptl last time. Stopped it and then went to my due date.
  • We just had our first homebirth (baby #3) on 3/4.  Good thing we were planning one, because she was in a hurry and arrived 15 minutes before the midwives did!  It was such a great experience, though, and if I ever talk DH into a fourth baby we will definitely plan another homebirth!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Omg that's my concern ^ my first came in six hours so I keep reminding my MW she better put her foot on the gas as soon as I let her know I've felt the first contraction ! How are you feeling?!
  • I had a homebirth with my first and just had baby number 2 at a birth centre on Thursday :)
  • rilgrl1rilgrl1 member
    edited March 2015
    I'm feeling great!  She was my biggest baby (9 lb. 1 oz), but my first without a tear.  I can't believe the difference that has made in recovery.  She was born 39 minutes after I woke up to my water breaking!  :)
  • congratulations!
  • oh my goodness!!! how incredible!!!  I am feeling so relaxed right now.. it's crazy. Due march 30 but I feel like maybe it will be sometime next week. Actually with my first I remember feeling miserable at this stage but for some reason i just feel amazing. I think it's b/c I know I have no where to go! congrats again!!!
  • I'm due March 25th and I'm having a home waterbirth with an amazing midwife, her assistant, a doula, and my partner. He and I are so excited. We're having a lotus birth... I feel she will definitely come by due date. Have an appt on the 16th @ 38wk+6days. We will see if I make that haha.
  • elizalegs said:

oh my goodness!!! how incredible!!!  I am feeling so relaxed right now.. it's crazy. Due march 30 but I feel like maybe it will be sometime next week. Actually with my first I remember feeling miserable at this stage but for some reason i just feel amazing. I think it's b/c I know I have no where to go! congrats again!!!

Thank you!  It's so awesome that you're going into things feeling relaxed and positive...I think that makes a huge difference.  Best wishes for a fantastic birth!  :)
  • This will be our second homebirth with just my husband and I. Its such a great experience to see my husband deliver the baby :) its such a calm environment at home.
  • Just wanted to share this pic from our birth centre birth. I couldn't have imagined a better experience :)
  • This is my first baby and homebirth...in early labor right now actually. I'm so excited for this experience
  • ah so awesome!  keep us posted! <3
  • kalahgurl said:

This is my first baby and homebirth...in early labor right now actually. I'm so excited for this experience

Wishing you a speedy and healthy labor!
  • Still going strong... trying to be patient and positive. My midwife called and talk to me for awhile which helped. This part is definitely difficult and tedious... feeling very down today, plus I found stretch marks on my lower tummy... my stomach is the one place I have prided myself on NOT having them... I feel awkward and ugly enough. DH is so encouraging but I feel that's more for me. What if he gets turned off? Desires someone whose not birthed a baby... sigh. 39+3 today... tbh I'm over the glow and just kalah in my arms...
  • @kalahgurl I'm 39+6, I totally get you. It'll be okay. I have stretch marks too. I feel the same, I hate them. But I promise they go away with time. Or at least fade to almost unnoticeable. This is my second. I worry about my husband as well, but not because he's given me any reason to. Just because I wonder how he could still think I'm pretty when I'm so huge and things are changing so much. But as long as you are there for him and do what you can to support him .. Physically and mentally .. Try and get passed the awkward unsexy feeling and be that person who he fell in love with.. You have no reason to worry! This is just a season in yours and his life and will be over soon. :)
  • Thank you @adelems your encouragement has been my saving grace today... ♡♡ are you experiencing contractions and what not too? Was your early labor long with your first?
  • adelemsadelems member
    edited March 2015
    @kalahgurl I've had frequent strong BH but no real contractions. I didn't have any early labor stuff with my first that I can remember.. Except a lot of back pain. This time no back pain but very crampy, irritable, and tired. Hips hurt a lot too. Soon enough though we will have different hurts from labor though, haha. BUT at least then we will have our babies. And one day you'll look at your toddler or big kid and be like... "I swear that kid was just born yesterday.." Haha
  • I feel y'all with the stretch marks, they do fade though and do any STMs feel like this time they are not getting them? I know it's because every thing has already been stretched out - haha- but I feel like this time being stretched out has the advantage of letting me give more attention to them and I swear they seem to have improved. Plus I have been eating way more collagen / gelatin, which is supposed to help? Anyway. I guarantee the stretch marks are not the first thing on your hubs mind! You are lucky they are low also, that's where mine are too and I feel like they are less noticeable. Try to stay positive mama!!! You are doing great!
  • @elizalegs I actually feel they are not nearly as bad this second time too! I just feel like it's the ones from first time getting stretched back out but no new ones really!
  • @elizalegs how are you doing? Are you feeling more prepared? I would say I kind of felt like I wasn't ready to have my son even though I was overly anxious to get it done with. When I was 40 weeks + I still felt deep down that I could have another week or 2 even though I didn't admit it to anyone. Now that he's here and I had a really awesome homebirth, I am just grateful. I hope your experience is everything you hope for. Just remember to relax and breathe and ask for help. Those were lifesavers for my birth.
  • Lark425 said:

@elizalegs how are you doing? Are you feeling more prepared? I would say I kind of felt like I wasn't ready to have my son even though I was overly anxious to get it done with. When I was 40 weeks + I still felt deep down that I could have another week or 2 even though I didn't admit it to anyone. Now that he's here and I had a really awesome homebirth, I am just grateful. I hope your experience is everything you hope for. Just remember to relax and breathe and ask for help. Those were lifesavers for my birth.

awww thanks, those are awesome words of wisdom and also thanks for asking about how i feel. I think just saying the words "I don't mind being pregnant another week or 2" made me realize how ready I am to DO THIS! haha. I have had a few more false starts, it's just funny how you start to get focused on the delivery part and now I just really want to hold and nurse my baby! Last night I was walking with my husband and dog and instead of the contractions I usually feel when walking, I distinctly felt my cervix opening... we'll see.... I feel so ready! Are you still in the bubble?!
  • Just am update! Midwife appt. I'm 2 1/2 centimeters dialated and 50 percent effaced. I had some tough parts on my cervix which she massaged out and got my mucus plug. Could feel my waters and the baby's head. So these contractions haven't been for nothing... just ready to have her now... midwife suggests loading my time with movies etc. As a distraction... which I need since the pain is increasingly stronger... we are almost there ladies!!!
  • yaaay!!!! i am too grumpy to watch movies anymore :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"