October 2015 Moms
Options

Dizzy spells?

The past few weeks I'll randomly get really dizzy and have to sit down. Is this happening to anyone else? It's kinda scary when I'm by myself with my 18 mo old.

Re: Dizzy spells?

• Options
    I'm 9 weeks now and have been experiencing this since about week 5. It is honestly making me nervous to leave the house. I have my first OB appointment today and I plan on bringing this up.
  • Options
    Same here. I'm 10 weeks with a 3 year old. I suffer with epilepsy..I started getting it about 6 weeks. ..calmed down a bit now. But sometimes It scares me in case it falls into a seizure. My doctor wasn't concerned though. Completley normal. Try not to move too quickly or stand up too quickly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have always felt with that, seems to get worse during pregnancy. For me it's usually a sign of dehydration. As soon as I drink a bottle of water I feel a bit better.
  • Options
    I felt that way yesterday too. It must be dehydration because after downing like three glasses of water I felt better. I think we get dehydrated faster when we are prego.
  • Options
    It happens to me mostly when Im working night shift. Feels like im walking on a boat. Drink lots of water, it seems to help.
  • Options
    I've been having them on and off but today I legit thought I was going to pass out and I'm still so uneasy I hate it I'm trying to drink lots to see if I can regain myself but I feel ya
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hey guys! Just wanted to give you an update after bringing up the dizzy spells with my OB. She said it's mostly a result of the hormones and usually if you're dizzy in the first trimester, it might last throughout the entire pregnancy. She said to take it easy when you're going from sitting to standing. 

Also, she said it could be a result of eating lots of carbs and not getting enough protein, since you're blood sugar can be all over the place if you're mainly subsisting on carbs (oops).

Hope you guys start feeling better soon!
  • Options
    I noticed this with my first pregnancy and my midwife told me it was due to progesterone rushes. ..
  • Options
    I have had that problem too. My doctor said it is the increase in blood flow in the body. Said it could stop the 2nd trimester or could last the entire time.... Depends on the body. Makes teaching difficult some days though
  • Options
    Happens to me if I walk around any store for more at than 20 minutes but sometimes it doesn't happen at all.
  • Options
    Yup! Me, too. I didn't have it with my first pregnancy so it surprised me a bit, but I knew it was a normal symptom. I just can't get up too fast and luckily the spells are really quick.
    I better up my protein. I was better with that with my first pregnancy so maybe that's why I'm getting them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"