Trouble TTC
Options

Hi new member here, just had first IUI

lacej81lacej81 member
edited February 2015 in Trouble TTC
Hi Everyone!

So I'm new here. My DH and I have been trying to concieve for a year and a half and just had our first IUI on Friday. We had male factor fertility issues and sperm count has gone way up due to urologist putting him on Clomid for 90 days. Yay! So, now we're trying to conceive through IUI, fingers crossed! I had an early surge due to Clomid for five days (CD10) and when I went for second ultrasound to check follicles, I had three good follicles on right side, one being dominant at 20mm (other two were 12mm and 14mm). So, we actually did IUI two hours later! My DH's post sperm wash was 6million (they said that was good). I'm 33 and my DH is 44, so we really hope to get pregnant soon! We want a little one so bad!

So it's been only 2 days post IUI and I'm having all kinds of fluttering feelings in my uterus. I can feel all sorts of things going on down there and it feels really weird! I know they say you can't feel implantation/fertilization, but I've NEVER felt anything like this before. Does anyone know what it could possibly be?? 2WW is going excruciatingly slow!

I know this is only our first IUI and I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up because BFP on first IUI is rare, but it's really hard. Lol. Any positive stories or experiences from past IUI's would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Hi new member here, just had first IUI

• Options
    Looking for insight and support. This 2WW is killing me!
  • Options
    I don't think that BFP's on first IUI's are all that rare... it's just that those of us who had to do more than one tend to seek support online.  It does make you crazy!

The best thing to do in the 2ww is to STAY BUSY.  Take up a hobby, read a really good book, etc.   If you have too much time on your hands to think, you'll drive yourself nuts.   Definitely stick around and let us know how your beta went. ;-)

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you @GoldenKeys‌. I see what you're saying. I hope, hope we get lucky, but there's no telling. We've been coping with this well over a year now. With the whole process of dealing with my DH's male factor problems, it's been quite the trip to get here. We're keeping our fingers crossed for a BFP in 10 more days. I'll definitely keep you posted and I wish the best for everyone :)
  • Options
    Hi.. I hope you got your BFP!!
    Me(28) DH(28) 
    DD(9)
    Expecting Baby #2

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    march2008march2008 member
    edited March 2015
    Good luck! I hope you get good news soon! :) Also, it is wonderful to hear good results about Clomid use in male factor infertility!

If you don't mind me asking, do you know how much the Clomid improved your husband's SA numbers? I am curious because my DH has been taking Clomid since November per his urologist. He just had blood work recently and his testosterone is back up in the normal range (was low 100s and now with the medication it is in the mid 600s), however, his SA from this week came back as "borderline". The count and motility were both normal, but his morphology was one percent lower than what is considered normal.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    march2008 said:

Good luck! I hope you get good news soon! :) Also, it is wonderful to hear good results about Clomid use in male factor infertility!

If you don't mind me asking, do you know how much the Clomid improved your husband's SA numbers? I am curious because my DH has been taking Clomid since November per his urologist. He just had blood work recently and his testosterone is back up in the normal range (was low 100s and now with the medication it is in the mid 600s), however, his SA from this week came back as "borderline". The count and motility were both normal, but his morphology was one percent lower than what is considered normal.

My DH is currently on Clomid. Before the Clomid and the surgery his sperm count was a low as 1mil. After his surgery (Oct.2014) his count is as high as 28mil.
    Me(28) DH(28) 
    DD(9)
    Expecting Baby #2

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"