Success after IF

Momma Check-In 2/28

dp21dp21 member
edited March 2015 in Success after IF
Hey everyone,

This is a new check-in for mommas on this board that just want to feel connected, bond, and connect with each other on a weekly basis!  Check-ins will start on Saturdays.   

This week, lets start by introducing ourselves!
1) Tell us a little bit about your history.
2) How many little ones do you have and how old are they.
3) If you are a brand new momma, how is it going?! 

QOTW:  Now that I am on maternity leave, I've been catching up on tv shows.  What are your favorite tv shows during this time of year? 

@mrs.AmyDylan - can't figure out how to tag your name and make it work! Help! Is the period messing me up?
@CWhitaker27
@hopeby2015
@CarrieB.
@Mayzie15
@mnj05

Me:
30, DH: 32
My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
  • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
  • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
  •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
  • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
  • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
  • EDD 1/8/15

Re: Momma Check-In 2/28

• hopeby2015hopeby2015 member
    edited February 2015

I am POF since I was 17 - never had a period and was told if I ever wanted to have a baby, I had to use donor eggs. First time we tried locally, we lost the baby at 7 weeks - no hb. We spent a crap ton of money and couldn't do it again. But found an amazing place in the Czech Republic for a 1/3 of the price (including flights + hotels + any touristy things we wanted to do) that got us our now almost 6 week old daughter! It's sometimes still hard to believe this is real!

Just the 1 dd that's 6 weeks old.

Hard but worth it! it's been a very tiring but rewarding experience and I'm SO glad I was able to get like 6.5 weeks off from work! Totally need it!

QOTW: I watch too much tv - from dramas to comedies to reality tv! But I gotta say, I just watched the season finale of how to get away with murder and I'm so mad I have to wait till the fall for it to continue!!

Eta: @dp21 - thanks for doing the check in and no idea how to tag her!

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I guess I'll start:
    1) Hubby and I had our little one after our first round of IVF.  So grateful it worked for us the first time. Details in siggy.
    2) I just have one LO and she will be 8 weeks old tomorrow! 
    3) Being a new momma has been a little rough.  I'm taking two grad school courses and I am exclusively breastfeeding (we had breastfeeding woes the first 5 weeks and met with LC on weekly basis).  We haven't had an appointment in 3 weeks and I'm nervous whether or not she's getting enough (she seems to be getting fatter though and is maintaining her double chin! lol).  Can't wait for our 2 month appointment and weight check to make me feel better about it all! 

QOTW:  Right now I'm watching Scandal, The Walking Dead, and just binged watched The Bachelor last week.  I started House of Cards on Netflix today (starting it over, didn't get into it the first time, trying again!). 

Me:
    hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• Loading the player...
  • @dp21 - if you liked scandal, you'll love house of cards!

• @hopeby2015 Czech Republic?!  Wow!!!  I think I'd be scared to do anything like that. I got super nervous just planning our Europe vacation lol. So amazing and congrats on your little one :)  I bet she is precious :) I have to pinch myself sometimes that my LO is here and healthy.  It was such a long journey!

Me:

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• mnj05mnj05 member
    I would like to join in! I've been around for a couple of years now.

1. Details in sig but basically annov for me, testicular cancer for DH 5 years ago. IVF worked the first time for us as well, both times.

2. DS1 will be two tomorrow and I am currently 22 weeks with DS2.

Hang in there new mommas! You already know it's so worth it but they get to be so much fun although I miss the cuddly newborn days.

QOTW: my main shows are Grey's Anatomy and How to Get Away with Murder. I watch some of the ABC Family shows too, have for a while and just can't quit them.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• dp21dp21 member
    @mnj05 Congrats on the second pregnancy!!! :)  Soo happy for you it worked first time again!  That is soo wonderful.  I'm hoping and praying that will be our case one day when we try again.  Your cuddly newborn days will return before you know it, but might get interrupted by your toddler though ;) How is How to get away with murder?  I've been wanting to check it out. 

Me:

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• mnj05mnj05 member
    Thanks @dp21! We actually did a freeze all then FET the second time around, which is proving to have higher success rates. I hope it works for y'all first time again too!

I am loving How to Get Away with Murder! It's enough mystery to keep you guessing but also enough details to be involved and making guesses. Viola Davis is amazing! She really makes the show.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• I love this idea - thanks for thinking of it @dp21 :)

1. MH has severe MFI and we were told the only way to conceive would be IVF with ICSI. After our first cycle failed miserably - we had two fragmented embryos and went to 2 day transfer and it failed. Our RE told us to give up and walk away. We found another clinic and cycled - we transferred three embryos and had DS1. It took us 3 years to have DS1 - I'm 39 and MH is 41 - so we cycled again not sure if it would work and transferred three embryos again and conceived DS2 but had beta issues and it was touch and go for awhile. We have three embryos frozen from that cycle.

2. DS1 is 18 months and DS2 was 1 month last Wednesday.

3. My little guys are close so it's tough. DS1 is jealous and if I'm holding DS2 he points and wants me to put him back in the swing to hold him. The good news is DS1 hates diapers and is potty training and doing well at it - I hope he doesn't regress. I see it a little bit - he tries to take bottles and wants to crawl instead of walking :(

4. QOTW I'm a reality junkie lol. Love the real housewives and I'm happy that amazing race and survivor are back. MH and I have breaking bad on Netflix and we are still on season 2 and I hear scandal is awesome but we have no time to watch anything right now.

Me 38 MH 41 - TTC since June 2010 - dx with Severe MFI. Straight to IVF with ICSI. IVF #1 - ER 06/13/12 - 9 Eggs Retrieved - 4 ICSI'd - only 2 fert. 06/15/12 - 2DT - 3 cell & 6 cell with fragmentation. Beta 06/29/12 - IVF #1 = BFN. 07/20/12 - WTF Appt -Told by our RE to quit IVF. Second Opinion from RE is good. IVF#2 - November 2012. Estradiol Pills Started 11/6. Stims start 11/16. ER 11/26 - 7 eggs retrieved - all mature. 4 fertilized with ICSI. ET 11/29 Transferred 3 embryos. Beta is 12/10. 1st Beta 81 2nd Beta 160 and 3rd beta 360!!! First U/S 12/21/12 - We saw one beautiful gest. sac. 2nd U/S is 01/04/2013 - H/B 183 02/05/13 - NT Scan - everything looks good and IT'S A BOY!  Aiden was born 08/20/2013.

IVF #2 is in progress.  ER was 05/12/14 - 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI.  ET was 05/15/14 - we transferred 3 embryos as we did on the cycle my son was conceived.  We were able to freeze 3 embryos. Beta is scheduled for 05/26/14.  1st beta - 111.  2nd beta - 159 didn't double :( 3rd beta Friday 5/30) - not a lot of hope left. Beta # 3 is 247 - probably ectopic.  Beta # 4 is 813 - possibly vanishing multiple sydrome?  06/05/14 - 5w4days - first U/S - we see a gestational sac and yolk - still have hope!  06/17/14 - 7w1day - U/S and saw and heard the heartbeat - Finally!  06/27/14 - 8w4days - Baby and heartbeat look and sound great :)  EDD 02/01/14 and It's a boy!

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

BabyFruit Ticker

• 1) growing up I always had super irregular cycles. My Gyn always chalked it up to PCOS because of family history but never really did any tests?....years down the road I had difficulties getting pregnant and ended up being diagnosed with unexplained anovulation. I was blessed with My DS after 5 rounds of clomid and TI. And 3 years later a surprise miracle baby after maxing out my clomid rounds, no success with femara and a CP.

2) I have 2 children. 1 boy, 1 girl. DS is 3.5 and DD is 8 months today.

3) congrats new mommas! The journey is amazing and totally worth every darn hardship. 2 is a whole new world with its own difficulties but easier in a sense than the first.

4) Reality tv junkie here! I watch the bachelor (go Whitney!), the voice, American idol and am counting down the days until Game of Thrones!

So excited to see some new faces and get things going on this board again.
    Thanks @dp21 !
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • 1. DH was MFI and I was dx as DOR at 31. I totally failed the clomid challenge and was given poor odds with my own eggs, but we cycled anyway. We transferred two perfect fresh blasts for DD1 and froze one perfect blast. Did a FET for DD2.
    2. DD1 will be 4 in May and DD2 is 16 mos.

QOTW: I'm currently watching the Bachelor and Castle. I also love Sharktank, the Soup, the Daily Show and The Dateline mysteries.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• 1) Tell us a little bit about your history.
    We are technically unexplained. DH has low morphology, but has awesome numbers, so the RE didn't think that was the smoking gun. My numbers came back fine (though my FSH was borderline high right before we started this cycle). I've had fairly poor response to stim meds, compared to what was considered typical for my numbers and age. 
    IVF 1 brought us DD1, but the cycle was a disaster. I only had 5 mature eggs and I had been getting AFCs around 20. We did a 3dt of 2. 
    IVF 2 is in process. Actually I'm in the 2ww. We had 14 mature eggs (of 24), 13 fertilized and 5 were very good quality. We transferred one fresh and froze the remaining 4. 
    We are committed to giving every embryo a chance, so 4 frosties are kinda scary. After we get the results from this cycle (and do a financial reconciliation with the RE) we will be doing PGS on our remaining 4 since statistically 45% of 5d blasts that are tested at my age are abnormal. This will give us a better picture of what we need to do going forward. 

We have one DD, J who is 26mo. 

TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• @CWhitaker7 - we just started watching the voice and love it there is such talent and the judges are too funny!

@CarrieB - I love shark tank - some of those ideas are crazy and others are just brilliant!

Me 38 MH 41 - TTC since June 2010 - dx with Severe MFI. Straight to IVF with ICSI. IVF #1 - ER 06/13/12 - 9 Eggs Retrieved - 4 ICSI'd - only 2 fert. 06/15/12 - 2DT - 3 cell & 6 cell with fragmentation. Beta 06/29/12 - IVF #1 = BFN. 07/20/12 - WTF Appt -Told by our RE to quit IVF. Second Opinion from RE is good. IVF#2 - November 2012. Estradiol Pills Started 11/6. Stims start 11/16. ER 11/26 - 7 eggs retrieved - all mature. 4 fertilized with ICSI. ET 11/29 Transferred 3 embryos. Beta is 12/10. 1st Beta 81 2nd Beta 160 and 3rd beta 360!!! First U/S 12/21/12 - We saw one beautiful gest. sac. 2nd U/S is 01/04/2013 - H/B 183 02/05/13 - NT Scan - everything looks good and IT'S A BOY!  Aiden was born 08/20/2013.

IVF #2 is in progress.  ER was 05/12/14 - 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI.  ET was 05/15/14 - we transferred 3 embryos as we did on the cycle my son was conceived.  We were able to freeze 3 embryos. Beta is scheduled for 05/26/14.  1st beta - 111.  2nd beta - 159 didn't double :( 3rd beta Friday 5/30) - not a lot of hope left. Beta # 3 is 247 - probably ectopic.  Beta # 4 is 813 - possibly vanishing multiple sydrome?  06/05/14 - 5w4days - first U/S - we see a gestational sac and yolk - still have hope!  06/17/14 - 7w1day - U/S and saw and heard the heartbeat - Finally!  06/27/14 - 8w4days - Baby and heartbeat look and sound great :)  EDD 02/01/14 and It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @Mrs.AmyDylan - good luck!

• dp21dp21 member
    @Mayzie15 Love Breaking Bad, so good, all the way until the end!!!  Probably one of the best shows I have ever seen, that was actually good all the way through.  Are you watching Better Call Saul?  Soo freaking good! 

@CWhitaker27 Love Game of Thrones.  We will have to reorder our HBO for it! 

@CarrieB.  We are also MFI and DOR!  Gives me hope that you have two kiddos :)  We were given a 30% chance.  Retrieved only 3 eggs, two fertilized, and put two in on a 3 day transfer.  Still pinching myself it worked.  We have nothing frozen, so will have to start from scratch again when we are ready to try again.  I'm thinking towards the end of grad school I'll try again, maybe summer 2016.  I can't have another one while in school, it has been a little tough studying with a baby lol. 

@Mrs.AmyDylan Wow, the 2ww is rough.  Hugs, prayers, and crossing my fingers!!!!  That is great you are committed to giving them all a chance! 

Me:

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• @Mayzie15 this is our first season watching too. We started because a friend of mine auditioned. I saw her in the previews for tonight. Her name is Ashley Morgan. We couldn't be more excited for her.

@dp21 we don't have HBO anymore but our friends let us access their HBO go just for game of thrones!
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • @Cwhitaker27 - just watched - she was great and pharrell is amazing she got a great coach! Can't wait to follow the show :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• This week, lets start by introducing ourselves!

QOTW: Now that I am on maternity leave, I've been catching up on tv shows. What are your favorite tv shows during this time of year? 

1.) TTC'd from 9/09 until we got our BFP 10/13 after 6 failed Clomid rounds, a failed IUI, OHSS from egg retrieval, and 2 FET's later...

2.) One 9 month old boy, Griffin Alistair

3.) We've finally hit our stride we're out of the tiny infant stage that had my anxiety in overdrive about every little thing, so YAY!

QOTW: So, guilty pleasure is Teen Mom OG (!!!), Girl Meets World, and Big Bang Theory.

Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    @Cwhitaker27 - I'm catching up on dvr and just watched your friend. She's great!

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• @Mayzie15 @mnj05 thanks ladies! It was so surreal seeing her sing on TV and she definitely rocked it out. I can't wait for the rest of the season.
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • edited March 2015
    I would love to join. Is this where I belong now?

I was in the IF group during our IVF journey, then joined PAIF once we got pregnant with twins. Now, my twin girls were delivered via emergency C-section at only 25w5d last Sunday. They are currently in the NICU and are 1 week old tomorrow.

I checked out the Micro Preemies group but it seemed very slow. And like PP's have said, I really like having a weekly or every couple of days place to talk.

QOTW: Haven't really had time to watch tv lately. Mostly pumping every 2 hours and resting in between. Dealing with lots of family and DH drama...

Edited: sorry....think I double posted on the other thread.

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s, low ovarian reserve

DH: 42, bi-lateral varicocele (corrected in Dec 2013)

2008 Married

2009 Started TTC #1

2012 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, Clomid

BFP ended in MC 

2013 3 rounds of Clomid

Hormone studies/ultrasound, SIS, polyp and bicornuate uterus removed

DH varicocelectomy

2014 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, SIS, removed 2nd polyp

IVF #1- retrieved 17, 3 mature for 2 day transfer, BFN

IVF #2- September…our last chance….. retrieved 22, 6 mature blasts, 2 embies transferred, BFP (300 beta) on Oct 1st, Beta #2 675 Oct 3rd, Beta #3 2,484

EDD Twins 06/09/2015

1/30/2015 PPROM at 21 weeks, 3 days. Hospital bed rest to let these sweet peas cook. Holding on for 34 weeks!

• Hugs, @starlightgator and welcome!

Way to keep those girls in for a month after your PPROM! 

How are they doing? Any major milestones?
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

• @Mrs.AmyDylan Thank you! Babies are stable. But, the daily news always upsets me. Chloe (baby b, the bigger one, 1lb10oz) needed a blood transfusion today because she's anemic from all of their blood draws. Fiona (baby a, the smaller one, 1lb, 7oz) had her blood gases go down again. Nurses say that these are the daily ups and downs and overall the girls are stable and strong.

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s, low ovarian reserve

DH: 42, bi-lateral varicocele (corrected in Dec 2013)

2008 Married

2009 Started TTC #1

2012 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, Clomid

BFP ended in MC 

2013 3 rounds of Clomid

Hormone studies/ultrasound, SIS, polyp and bicornuate uterus removed

DH varicocelectomy

2014 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, SIS, removed 2nd polyp

IVF #1- retrieved 17, 3 mature for 2 day transfer, BFN

IVF #2- September…our last chance….. retrieved 22, 6 mature blasts, 2 embies transferred, BFP (300 beta) on Oct 1st, Beta #2 675 Oct 3rd, Beta #3 2,484

EDD Twins 06/09/2015

1/30/2015 PPROM at 21 weeks, 3 days. Hospital bed rest to let these sweet peas cook. Holding on for 34 weeks!

• @Mrs.AmyDylan Thank you! Babies are stable. But, the daily news always upsets me. Chloe (baby b, the bigger one, 1lb10oz) needed a blood transfusion today because she's anemic from all of their blood draws. Fiona (baby a, the smaller one, 1lb, 7oz) had her blood gases go down again. Nurses say that these are the daily ups and downs and overall the girls are stable and strong.

Hang in there mama! So glad your girls are stable. It is a really difficult time for you. Feel free to reach out to us for hugs, AWs, etc.

I remember seeing your PPROM post on paif. High fives for keeping the girls in until viability!!!
    TTC Since 3/2010

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"