Parenting after 35
Options

I'm over it!

SNOW that is!!!!  I love it and I love that I live in a part of the country that gets all 4 seasons but enough is enough.  Granted, the small child trapped inside of me is delighted when it snows becuase I work in education so if we get a snow day I get a paid day off to spend with my 2 little ones but I am done with the white stuff.  I am ready to see some green grass, or at least I remember it being green the last time I saw it.  

Oh and just realized tomorrow is Friday!!!!  Whooo hoooo.  Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I'm over it!

• Options
    If I had a dollar for everyone who is saying that right now...haha! I never minded snow. I grew up in Colorado so I was used to it. I miss it now. I know everyone is ready for spring though. :)
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    I do love the snow too but I am just ready for some warm weather and getting outside without our faces freezing off :)  I guess I am over the cold more than I am the snow.  We got another snow day today so I am not complaining too much.  The kicker is we got the call last night that we would be running on a 2 hr delay but the roads would be reassessed in the morning.  Well I never got a call so I was getting ready for a work day.  My hubs is also an educator so he knew as of last night that he was off.  I luckily checked my cell phone to make sure the babysitter got my last text that she didn't need to come today and I saw I had a message on my cell.  Wouldn't you know I somehow missed the phone call from work saying due to the icy road conditions we were closed today.  Happy Friday to me!!!

Since we were all already up we went out for a nice breakfast and we were the only ones there besides one lone guy.  Not a shabby way to spend a snow day ;)

How are you doing?  I have been thinking about you.  It is strange since the Bumps overhaul of negativity it seems like a ghost town around here.  Luckily not that this board had to deal with that nonsense.  
    How is your little lady doing?  I just had my little guys checkup and he is a shrimp LOL he is in the 6th percentile for weight and 22nd percentile for height.  I hope my sides recessive genes kick in at some point to give this kid a boost in the height dept.  He looks like jaws with all his freakin teeth I'll tell ya.  He has his 4 tops and 4 bottoms and his 1st sets of top and bottom molars (I guess that is what those are?)  His sister on the other hand at this age hardly had any teeth so I am floored.  

Hope you are well.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am over winter period. I am over the flu and the sicknesses that come along with it. I am over the snow and ice. (It was fun and pretty at first). The girls have missed 7 days of school thanks to the weather.
    Now I am ready for warmer temps and spring break in 16 days. We are going to Branson. Our first trip with the LO. She will be 8.5 wks by then so it should be interesting.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options
    Mandyreads- Have fun on your spring break vacation and I hope your little one does well on the trip.  Hopefully she is still in that sleepy baby phase so it won't be too stressful.

I knock wood am over the sickness finally.  It was brutal up until a few weeks ago.  I am ready for warm weather and outdoor fresh air.

• Options
    Ughh yuck! I hate snow! Grew up in it and couldn't wait to move away. Now I live in the south and the week or so each year we get it is more than enough....
  • Options
    Geeps2 said:

I do love the snow too but I am just ready for some warm weather and getting outside without our faces freezing off :)  I guess I am over the cold more than I am the snow.  We got another snow day today so I am not complaining too much.  The kicker is we got the call last night that we would be running on a 2 hr delay but the roads would be reassessed in the morning.  Well I never got a call so I was getting ready for a work day.  My hubs is also an educator so he knew as of last night that he was off.  I luckily checked my cell phone to make sure the babysitter got my last text that she didn't need to come today and I saw I had a message on my cell.  Wouldn't you know I somehow missed the phone call from work saying due to the icy road conditions we were closed today.  Happy Friday to me!!!

Since we were all already up we went out for a nice breakfast and we were the only ones there besides one lone guy.  Not a shabby way to spend a snow day ;)

How are you doing?  I have been thinking about you.  It is strange since the Bumps overhaul of negativity it seems like a ghost town around here.  Luckily not that this board had to deal with that nonsense.  
    How is your little lady doing?  I just had my little guys checkup and he is a shrimp LOL he is in the 6th percentile for weight and 22nd percentile for height.  I hope my sides recessive genes kick in at some point to give this kid a boost in the height dept.  He looks like jaws with all his freakin teeth I'll tell ya.  He has his 4 tops and 4 bottoms and his 1st sets of top and bottom molars (I guess that is what those are?)  His sister on the other hand at this age hardly had any teeth so I am floored.  

Hope you are well.
    Thank you for asking, I am ok...I have good days mostly but still some bad days too, or bad moments. I told my h I wasn't going to be on birth control yet and the first couple times we were back in the saddle he was careful but the last two times he slipped. It really surprised me because he said he was positive he didn't want to try again. I'm pretty sure the second slip was very good timing so now I'm going into the TWW anxious to see if anything happens. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know why he wasn't careful and I don't really want to ask. I guess I feel like I have a small window for the next few months and if there's a chance it could happen I'm going to let it happen. If it doesn't I'm going to have to accept that it wasn't meant to be.

I can't bring myself to take my sonogram off the refrigerator. I just can't say goodbye yet. It's so hard.

My daughter is fabulous. She has started trying to say absolutely everything. I love it. She just finally cut another tooth and it looks like the other side won't be too far behind so soon she will have four on top and four on the bottom. She was 20 lbs and 32.2 inches at her 15 months well check. Still a long skinny girl. She's a little tornado I tell you. I've given up coffee until there isn't a chance I could get pregnant and I'm exhausted!!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Glad to hear your little lady is doing so well :)  

I completely understand the not wanting to throw out the sonogram picture.  Literally right after my hubs and I got married I got pregnant right away.  Long story short I had a miscarriage the day I had a sonogram showing everything was fine and the baby looked great.  I was beyond devestated.  I thank my lucky stars every day that we have 2 beautiful children now but my heart still aches almost 4 years later when I think about the baby that could have been but wasn't.  

Good luck with the possibility of another baby.  I'll keep everything crossed for ya.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"