Babies on the Brain

New here! Almost TTC!

Hi all!

First post but I have been creeping here for a while!

Hubby and I have been together for 10 years and we are FINALLY going to be ttc after my next cycle. I cannot wait!!! Any tips for our first month?
Anniversary

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: New here! Almost TTC!

• Be sure you have started taking prenatals with folic acid. I downloaded the fertility friend app. It'll let you put in information that will help you keep track of your cycle. My husband picked up an OPK from the store for me and I will probably be picking up a basal thermometer. You'll want to keep the track of your BBT. The more information you can put into the app, the Bert.
    Also, DO NOT be discouraged if you don't conceive on your first cycle. It could take a year for a healthy couple to conceive. DH and I conceived DS on my 6th cycl, and I am starting my 3rd cycle for TTC #2.

Good luck!
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Gee whiz! Sorry for the terrible autocorrect in my previous reply. I hope you could understand what I said.
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the advice! I understood, no worries :-)

I have started prenatals and have been charting my CM and checking my basal temps. I also plan on using OPK's as well! Hubby and I are SO EXCITED! I know I will be disappointed if I don't conceive the first time, but I know that it is normal to take up to a year.
    Anniversary

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi @red727
    My husband is a teacher. We were planning on waiting to start TTC in april/may for a february 2016 delivery. I would take 12 weeks off then he would be on summer break as I would start back to work. In a perfect world, my plan would work... but after being on the bump this past week and seeing all the buzz about babies we've decided to start this month! I couldn't wait! Plus I posted about TTC early 2016 and many ladies posted about how it may take 3-6 months to get the BFP. So we figured we would jump start the process knowing that our odds of ttc the first month are slim.
    Best of luck to you, I am excited to see how your first month goes!
    Im on CD16. Set to O on 3/11.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"