October 2015 Moms

Tilted uterus?

has anyone else been told they have a tilted uterus? I had a miscarriage in December and had previously only been able to have a transvaginal ultrasound around 5 weeks- they said because of the tilted uterus.

This pregnancy I am going for an ultrasound on thurs (7 weeks). Wondering if the baby will be big enough to do a transabdominal ultrasound with the tilted uterus.

Re: Tilted uterus?

• Mine is tilted- never had trouble with US with DS
  • bo17bo17 member
    Awesome, thanks. IMO the tech last time (I've had several transvaginal us) was rough and it was super uncomfortable so Id like to avoid it :). Hoping the 2 extra weeks will help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is retroverted. I had a healthy 40 weeks pregnancy and vaginal delivery of my 8 lb 4 oz daughter. And for this one, I've had two ultrasounds, both normal.

It's a normal anatomical variation.
    O15 August Siggy Challenge
  • Mine is tilted too. Ulrasounds have been fine. Last time they couldn't hear a hb until a little later (around 15 weeks) and they said that will be the case this time.
  • Mine is tilted, caused delay in hearing heartbeat but no problem with ultrasounds.
  • I also have a retroverted uterus. Last week at my 7week2day ultrasound the tech asked me to empty my bladder so she could do a vaginal ultrasound to see better. This is my third pregnancy they usually start doing it on my belly around 12 weeks. My uterus is tilted towards my back. It's a pain to fill my bladder when I know they are going to get me to empty it anyway. But they say let the tech make the decision.
  • Mine is tilted. Only had am issue when I found out I was pregnant. (Was roughly 4 weeks and in the emergency room for a kidney stone). They couldn't find the sac.
  • bo17bo17 member

Mine is tilted, caused delay in hearing heartbeat but no problem with ultrasounds.

Thank you! How many weeks were you when you were able to successfully do a transabdominal us?
  • When baby was big enough, we had no problem seeing baby with the abdominal ultrasound. I hope you have no problem too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"