Childless not by choice
Options

Can I come play with you?

I haven't been active really anywhere on the bump for two years almost, and I think it's because I was terrified of this.

A little bit about me, I've been married just over 5 years, and the minute I was married, DH and I wanted to have a baby.  We tried and tried like mad, did two years of fertility treatments and gave up when the insurance would no longer cover it.  We had about 20k saved up in retirement, so had a choice to make, 1 round of IVF or adoption.  We thought adoption would be hour most sure bet, even if the wait would be forever.  Two years into the process and getting an email explaining the decline in agency assisted adoptions, we officially decided last week to not renew our homestudy, but to finally "move on".  Our home study expired today.

I keep hearing "who knows, maybe you will wind up pregnant on your own!"  After five years of unprotected sex, and only winding up pregnant with medical intervention, just to suffer two losses, I doubt it very seriously.  There is a VERY small possibility that in the future we might look into foster care, but I've been trying to feel inspired to do it the last year, and I haven't gotten around the pit in my stomach when I try, so I am hoping I can find support here from women in the same boat.

I can see that this board isn't overly active, so I plan on coming back in a couple of days.  If you guys have a secret facebook group or online chat I might be able to receive as well as give more support, I would very much like to be apart of it, but would totally understand if everyone would prefer to get to know me here for a bit first.  Hope to "see" all of you soon

Allie

TTC since June 2009 DX: PCOS October 2010
6 medicated cycles, 2 pregnancies, 1 ectopic April 2011, Early Miscarriage August 2011
7 more cycles, 1 IUI, No success after last pregnancy
7/1/2012 No more fertility coverage
8/17/2012 started pursuing domestic infant adoption!
11/26/2012 HOME STUDY APPROVED!!!
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
When relaxing didn't work is my new blog!

Re: Can I come play with you?

• Options
    Sorry you find yourself here, but welcome! 
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    I am not a frequent checker of this board, but welcome!  I relate to everything you said.  
    ----
    *I am no longer regularly posting on TB because of the fucked up debacle of Jan 2015 when administrators banned long-term members and mods with no notice and completely dismantled a community full of women who cared about each other.  If you see me posting it's only to give support to a poster who needs it or to post something important enough that I need to say.  I am no longer responding to  anything other than issues that affect people who I care about*
    37 years old, MH is 42
    TTC since 2010; Dx Unexplained Infertility; possible male factor 
    August 2012 through June 2013:  6 IUIs with clomid and trigger shot, all BFNs
    7/2013, Pregnant! Unmedicated--we were on a treatment break
    8/20/13 no heart beat; 8/23/13 d&c
    3/15/14 IVF #1:  Lupron/Follistim/Menopur; ER 3/10 resulting in four transfer grade blastocysts, transferred one pretty blast and froze the remaining three. BFN. 
    Natural FET in May cancelled because the universe hates me my hormones were not cooperating.
    6/24/14 FET #1: transferred two pretty embryos; BFN   
    8/28/14 FET #2: BFP, ended in Chemical pregnancy

Done with medical intervention and getting used to the idea of CFNBC.  

All welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Good luck!!

Foster care is a great option.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"