April 2015 Moms

Anyone else Breech?

Midwife felt breech although won't let me confirm till week 36 with scan. I'm 34 weeks. Anyway just wanted to see if anyone else similar boat Jx

Re: Anyone else Breech?

• Yep I'm breech at 36 weeks, another midwife appoinment at 37 weeks and then emergency scan if still breech, then we'll discuss options which will either be manually turning baby (externally) or planned c section
  • Yes at 34 weeks :( another appointment Monday. Try going to the chiropractor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes at 35 weeks and 2 days. I have my normal 36 week appt on Tuesday and then an u/s on Friday. U/s was scheduled weeks ago bc I have GD but now they'll check baby's position as well as measurements. If baby doesn't turn I'll have a csection. I'm against them trying to turn the baby so my only option is the c which I'm ok with.
  • Yes my little one is breech, I'm scheduled for a c-section at 39 weeks anyway, for other reasons.
  • Yeah I don't want them to turn baby either, only 50% chance of it working and 1 in 200 procedures result in emergency c-section there and then, at least that's the stats in the uk x
  • Yep I'm breech at 36 weeks and have a scan booked in for next week (37+2) to determine if he still is and then discuss options, what do you ladies think about ECV? I have an anterior high placenta as well and have read about placental abruption and now scared myself :-/
  • Yep. Breech here at 33 + 4. My doctor has said that version is only successful in first time moms about 20% of the time and even harder with an anterior placenta. So, we'll just have to see what this little girl decides to do.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ahhhh see I'm a second time mum and have an anterior placenta so maybe tell them not to then :-/ that's if he does still show as breech next week.......his such a wriggler he was sideways earlier!!!
  • second time moms have a better chance of versions because your uterus is already stretched. I will be going that route before electing a
    Section.
  • I won't even let them try to turn the baby. I'm pretty petite and just don't see it working. There's too many risks with it and not a high enough success rate. What is the latest they'll let you go? They told me about 39 weeks but I'm hoping they'll let me go until the Monday after Easter. I'm due the 9th.
  • Was breech at 33 weeks will find out Thursday if she's still that way
  • Mine is/was breech.  I think he may have flipped, but I'm not 100% certain.  I'm having a RCS anyways, so I suppose it doesn't really matter. 
  • Breech so far at 33w, if he doesn't turn on his own by 36 I'll be getting an ECV. My doc seems pretty confident that it will be successful and has been through it herself with the same OB performing the procedure so I'm not really concerned.
  • LO was breach last week and I don't feel like she's moved positions at all... Dr said we will just have to see how things go.... he didn't say anything about turning her or anything but I will be asking at Mondays appt.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Still breech at 36w3d, my OB offered a ECV but I have an anterior placenta and I'm a FTM. I'm not sure the risks outweigh the low percentage. I'm probably going to opt for a csection but hope he turns. Spinning babies hasn't worked, cold packs in a hot bath hasn't worked. I'm going to try moxibustion next.
  • Double breech (twins) so scheduled for 4/3
  • Hey breech mommas- any of you having bad sciatica pain?
  • No haven't had any sciatica pain but my baby is definitely heavier and more uncomfortable than my previous pregnancy........also fees lower but that doesn't really make sense if his breech does it?? x
  • Yep, breech and backwards (facing forward). She is high high up in my ribs (I swear her head is sitting on my sternum!) her little noggin is in my right ribs and feet are kicking my left hip and she's sitting in a curved position. I'd like to experience the water breaking/grab the bag honey it's time birthing process but something tells me this little girl won't budge on her own so I feel like the C-section is inevitable. Going in for the 34 week appointment and start weekly appointments after that so I guess will get more info soon.
  • I'm pretty sure mine is breech. My first pregnancy was too and also had an anterior placenta. It's just so uncomfortable! Vertex is so much easier to walk around in the final weeks.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP May 2017. 
    BFP July 2014. Low Progesterone. DS born by repeat c-section for breech presentation.
    BFP November 2011 TWINS!!!. Lost a twin at 7 weeks. DS born VBAC.
    BFP July 2009. DD born via c/section for breech presentation.
    BFP Jan. 2009. Missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.D&C March 2010
    December 2009 - Diagnosed with bicornuate uterus.
  • Oh yeah! That sciatica is killing me often. Breech 36 weeks. I really wish he's turn and kick my ribs for a change. The kicking of organs is killing me. I love feeling him move and I'm grateful he seems to be healthy. But mamma is getting miserably uncomfortable and nothing really seems to help. But maybe that is just the last few weeks....
  • Yes breech, just like her older brother was. Half heartedly attempted some of the spinning baby techniques (music, frozen peas, cat cows) but I'm just convinced she'll turn if she wants to, or not. My doc had me schedule a c section for 39 weeks just in case. Really wanted a VBAC so disappointing but a healthy baby is first priority
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yep definetlely still breech this morning :-( diagonal almost......I don't see this littlun turning and am thinking against ECV with your comments :-/ seems the risks don't out way the benefits with a small success rate, will keep jumping on my gym ball!!
  • I think c sections carry more risks then trying to turn the baby- at least that's what my midwives are telling me
  • I have an appointment this afternoon to find out if she is still breech (35weeks) if she is then we will schedule to turn baby
  • Not really experiencing sciatica but after standing for too long my back definitely hurts. That could just be pregnancy in general though. I have an appt tomorrow where they'll most likely say baby is still breech. I can feel his or her head right by my sternum so I guess they'll just confirm my suspicions...again. 

Is anyone worried about the baby's head being where it is? I feel like there isn't as much protection there as opposed to the pelvis. I'm sure it's fine but just a thought. 
  • :-??
    Went to my appointment and midwife said she's too deep and couldn't verify if she turned. Scheduled for an ultrasound next Tuesday and if she is still breech we will schedule a version. Waiting till next Tuesday will be like waiting for water to boil. I'm anxious
  • After reading this....and several other ECV articles about placental abruption, I decided to go with a csection:

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/a1542806-Are-people-aware-of-the-dangers-of-ECV
  • That is one bad experience, if you read through them, many others chime
    Saying they had no issues. Clearly each pregnancy is different and if there are no other health concerns a
    Version is safer then the complications and recovery of a section.
  • Clearly you didn't read my post. I said this along with several other ECV articles.

I'd just recommend people do their own research.

Unless of course you're their doctor.
  • My baby is still breech 37 weeks got a scan Friday if she is still breech then I see the consultant to discuss either EVC or c-section,
  • Same as me ^^ my scans tomorrow
  • yes my midwife thinks I am too- ordered an ultrasound for 36 weeks (I'm 35 now)
  • blackpashirblackpashir member
    edited March 2015
    Had scan......Now head down Yay!! So hopefully he stays like that!
  • Congrats @blackpashir!!! Fingers crossed for you!
  • @placeemily I am 35 weeks too and scheduled for ultrasound at 36 weeks. Fingers crossed for us mommas!!
  • Just had an u/s. Still breech at 35+6. Not sure yet what they're going to do...
  • My son (previous pregnancy) was breech until he turned by himself at 39 weeks. Check out spinning babies and a chiropractor !
  • babybarrandbabybarrand member
    edited March 2015
    Currently 34 weeks and 4 days and baby has been transverse for the last 4 weeks with her head under one rib her but under the other and her feet are deep in my pelvis ! Loosing hope.she will turn on her own and not sure about them trying to turn her has anyone had success with turning babies previously ? Just needing so kinda hope :)
  • My first and current pregnancies were/are breech. My doc tried a version with my First and it was the most intense pressure/pain I've ever felt. Not fun and didn't work. I had to have a c-section at 39 weeks and was not happy about it. (Not my birth plan, dammit!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"