Two Under 2

How did you cope w/ pregnancy

How did you cope with pregnancy while taking care of a baby? I'm in that early stage and morning sickness has recently hit and at random times of the day. Makes me feel so weak and sick. But my 6 month old has so much energy and always wants to play.

Any tricks to not getting sick so often? I mean I know it happens when it happens and sometimes there's no control. But have you found ways to manage it?

Re: How did you cope w/ pregnancy

• I am with you! I'm 11 weeks pregnant with a 10 month old at home. I've been going to bed every night at 7:45pm for 3 weeks straight! I work during the day and struggle through the day. My daughter was fussy yesterday after work so we went on a walk from my house to the park (about a mile) . By the time I got there my stomach was hurting and I felt sick. My husband had to come pick us up! we work opposit schedules so I'm normally alone with my daughter when I'm home. Throwing up, feeling nauseous and tired is not fun!!
  • It's hard being pregnant with another little one to care for. This mom job is not easy! Some days are just survival. The first tri is hard being sick and I definitely parented from the couch laying down for periods some days. And, while I never slept while the baby slept when DD was a newborn, I sure do now! Third tri has its own challenges now... I'm so big I can't get up and down off the floor to play, bend over to pick up food and toys off the floor, and picking up/holding/carrying DD is getting really hard! Plus I'm having BH like crazy that sometimes take my breath away. It's hard to juggle it all, for sure. I'm so worried for when the new kid actually arrives!
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Try changing your prenatal vitamins, mine made me sick the first time around. This pregnancy I've been taking the gummy ones and had almost no nausea the first tri. You should ask your doctor about different options for treating morning sickness.
  • I might be a crazy mom, but I loved having a play yard for the older one. If you remember the Rugrats cartoon, it was like that but with no gate. I'd put DS in there with some toys. He would play and could see me though the sides. If I needed to run to the bathroom, I didn't have to worry that he would crawl somewhere or grab something he shouldn't. Of course, I didn't leave him in there all the time, but it helped. We used it until he was almost 3. At that point, he would be able to climb out. I'm sure a PnP would be similar for a younger kid if you have one. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"