March 2015 Moms

Big gap in between kids, anyone in the same situation?

I'm having my second child with my first one being now 8 years and a half! I feel like as this is my first pregnancy , one because I had forgotten a couple of things and second because it's being very different of the first mainly I guess because I'm older too lol

Anyone experienced or is experiencing the same!?

;;)

Re: Big gap in between kids, anyone in the same situation?

• Well the gap isn't nearly as big as yours. My older kiddo is 4. But I do sympathize with the forgetting about some stuff about pregnancy and the totally different pregnancy! This pregnancy has been SOOOO different than my pregnancy with my first. My first was so easy. No morning sickness no nothing. This time.. Morning sickness, migraines, physically hard, ect.
  • ju123ju123 member
    Yes @adelems many more symptoms and aches or discomfort!
    also the belly showed so much earlier and I carried much lower this time too :-/
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here. Much lower this time and showed much sooner. I didn't gain any more weight I don't think than with my first. Maybe a few more lbs.
  • Mine are 12 years apart! Feels like being a ftm all over again! And I sure didn't remember pregnancy being so uncomfortable and not fun at all. Lol
  • Mine will be almost 6 and a half years apart. I feel the same way! It feels like this is my first pregnancy all over again. This pregnancy has been more trying that it was with my first. I showed sooner, have had ligament pains, cramps. I also kind of like the age gap because my first will be old enough that I don't have to worry about her climbing on a table, or getting into something dangerous. She's also going to be more of a help and while she's in school during the day, I will have some time alone with this baby. So that part I really enjoy. Congrats on your pregnancy!
  • ju123ju123 member
    Wow
    I'm so glad I'm not alone in feeling that this pregnancy is much more intense than the first for sure!!
    I think it can be very different when you have big gap between kids, but I'm glad I won't have a toddler and a baby altogether (I admire my friends that have it!!!)

@jesslynnw90 thank you! For you as well :)

@katlei98 Wow by your picture it doesn't look like you have a 16 year old
  • Mine are 12 years apart! Feels like being a ftm all over again! And I sure didn't remember pregnancy being so uncomfortable and not fun at all. Lol

Mine are 12 years apart too ! I had five early miscarriages so we didn't think it was ever going to happen. I was 22 with my first abd 34 with this one.
    What a difference ! This one has been way harder !

I feel new at all of this too !
  • Mine will be 7 years apart. I thought I was done but decided for one more. This pregnancy was harder (probably because I'm 37 now) and I'm nervous if I'll remember how to handle an infant! I also had nothing left over from my first so had to buy everything again.

Curious to see how my 7yo handles having a sister, he is a great kid but has expressed his concern with losing his only child status :)
  • ju123ju123 member
    I have the same concern!

For so long she was the only kid and spoiled lol

As I mentioned in another post my daughter has autism and that is one of the reasons why we held off on having a second child...
  • This should be interesting for all of us :)
    It's gonna be a big adjustment for them !
  • Mine are only 4 years apart but pregnancy was so much harder especially the end where I felt like he was going to fall out! Turns out he was 8.14, my first was 7.5 so that could have had something to do with it. The good news was I gained less weight & my delivery & healing after has actually been easier.
  • ju123ju123 member
    @AjaH4
    Yes for sure also like there is so many things that are new to me that I haven't heard of lol

I'm finding that I haven't bought as many things this time and I find that much less anxious for having absolutely everything "just in case"

I didn't buy some things and I am playing as "if I need it I will ask my DH to go to to the store and buy it"
    More like on a "need" basis lol

:-\"
  • My oldest is 10, my soon-to-be middle child is 6. Baby is going to be a c-section on the 23rd, doctor thinks it's what is best. It does feel like a first time pregnancy all over again, I feel things so much differently than I did the first time and second time... Neither of those babies dropped, and I never felt contractions with them. With this baby I have been having Braxton hicks for months now... And I have been carrying quite high with this baby, so much so that I have been wearing the same size pants as I was before getting pregnant. Well... Last night at work my button popped off, and it seems she is lower--she isn't right up under my rib cage and taking my breath away anymore. Two weeks ago doctor said cervix has softened and thinned, never had that happen before. I think she is as eager to meet us as we are to meet her <3
  • @Christina80xoxo so sorry about ur previous losses. I can't imagine how hard that must be, but congrats on the new baby coming soon!

Like you, I was young with my 1st (19) and now with this baby 31, think that physically makes it much more exhausting.

I'm excited and nervous to see how my daughter is with the baby- she wasn't happy at all when she first heard she was gonna be a big sister, she's an only child up until now and I was a single mom the vast majority of her life so she's still acclimating I sharing me with one person, and now another is coming!! Hoping she will adjust well :)
  • @Christina80xoxo so sorry about ur previous losses. I can't imagine how hard that must be, but congrats on the new baby coming soon!

Like you, I was young with my 1st (19) and now with this baby 31, think that physically makes it much more exhausting.

I'm excited and nervous to see how my daughter is with the baby- she wasn't happy at all when she first heard she was gonna be a big sister, she's an only child up until now and I was a single mom the vast majority of her life so she's still acclimating I sharing me with one person, and now another is coming!! Hoping she will adjust well :)

So, I just had my baby girl yesterday. I was worried about how my older daughter would be, she wasn't too thrilled.
    Once my older daughter saw the baby, she fell in love. Holding her, kissing her, she went home and put some of her toys and things together.
    I was shocked ! And I'm so happy :)
    I'm sure it will be the same for you guys :)
  • ju123ju123 member
    @Christina80xoxo
    Hey great to hear!
    How was the c section?? How are you feeling? Your baby is adorable!
    Was the weight what they estimated in the last ultrasound??

Congratulations :x
  • @ju123 , it went well, had to wait until tues. I had some adhesions from endometriosis that they decided to remove at the same time.
    Three weeks ago the estimated her at 6 lbs 2 oz. she was 6lbs 15 oz
    Pretty close
  • My girls are 11,13 and 14 and this will be my first boy.. Mommy lil surprise but I'm thankful its a boy.. I couldn't take another girl .
  • I have a 21 year old I had at 17, a 17 year old, and a 13 year old. All girls. We had a surprise pregnancy last year that ended in the womb at 20 weeks. We found out at my sonogram that baby was also a girl. Needless to say that was a real bummer my husband and I decided that we would try again and I am being induced on Tuesday with girl #5. We have been through a lot together and have been married for 22 years ever since the first little princess arrived. My older girls are beyond excited to meet their new little sister, we just can't wait!!!
  • @Christina80xoxo congratulations!! I saw the announcement and pics! Both ur girls are beautiful :) and love her name, alexis is my daughters name as well. Hoping my alexis falls in love with her brother when he gets here too. Congratulations and so happy for u all!!
  • I am actually the "baby" of the family with a big gap. My brother was 18 and my sister was almost 15 when I was born. They were both stoked for our parents to have another baby so I was never put down, lol! It can be a little strange though because people always thought they weren't parents and not my siblings when I got a little older. My sister and I are super close and we became even more so after our mom passed away. She took on a motherly role as well as big sister and best friend. I also got some strange looks when I would tell people that my nieces were having babies at the same time i was- and even stranger when my brother had a son and his oldest daughter had a son about 6 months later. So if you're still following that, my brother's son was born, 10 days later I had my daughter and then less than 6 months later my niece had her son.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"