April 2015 Moms

Re: almost 33 weeks and lots of pressure/tightening

hi fellow moms to be:

I am a teacher and stand about half of the day- I have been having a rough time for the past 6 weeks- Lots of pressure and tightening- is anyone else experiencing this? My doctor visits are fine but I'm nervous that this is harmful to baby to be:)

Re: Re: almost 33 weeks and lots of pressure/tightening

• Sounds like Braxton Hicks contractions and they're uncomfortable but normal. The contractions aren't hurting your baby.
  • Probably Braxton hicks but this is something you need to discuss with your doctor
  • Loading the player...
  • I just asked my doc this the other day and they told me that at this time they want me contracting some. Just not in a pattern or more than 3-4 Braxton hicks in an hour for more than 2 hours.
  • Sounds like Braxton hicks. Common at this point in pregnancy.
  • I am a preschool director...on my feet quite a bit and as it were,  also cooking today for all 175 kids. 

My back and belly start to hurt frequently,  some days more than others.  I try to be aware of my posture through the day and that seems to help along with Tylenol when it gets bad and staying well hydrated.  I  am sure you are already doing all of that.  

Part of me dreams of bed rest some days, but I am grateful I don't actually have any complications to warrant that :)  Hang in there,  it is hard to be on your feet all day at this point! 
    image"">
    TTC since 2012
    Me 35, DH 32 -DH SA all clear
    8/97 severe perotinitis infection as a result of ruptured appendix. poss abdomen/tube scarring
    1/12 HSG all clear!
    2/12 Multiple fibroids diagnosed,  2 submucosal
    3/14 Hashimoto diagnosed, began treatment
    3/14 first RE appointment
    5/14 successful lapriscopic myomectomy via power morcellation
    as of 7/14.....not so patiently waiting
    poss IUI/IVF fall 2014
      BIG Surprise BFP Aug 2014!

• I'm not sure if you received the answer you were looking for, but I just went in for my 32nd week appointment and was told that I had an irritable uterus.  Instead of Braxton Hicks I'm having small contractions, infrequent yet can cause me to go into early labor.  It's all new to me because I didn't have an issue with my first two pregnancies.  I was told to take it easy and increase my magnesium intake. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"