Newbie :) — The Bump
Trouble TTC

Newbie :)

Hello all. To start my name is Bre. I am in my early 20s been married for almost 4 years now. My husband and I have been ttc for just under a year. I stopped taking birth control a year ago and never started had a period after that. My old ob just kept telling me that I am just skinny and won't have a period due to low BMI. I cannot tell you how many times I have had bloodwork in the past year (7 times if I'm guessing right). I've been temping for the last 4 months and those charts are a hot mess with absolutely no rhyme or reason. Long story short I switched OBs. Two weeks ago I was officially diagnosed with PCOS. It feels good to finally have answers as to what's going on with my body but not the answer I wanted either. They finally diagnosed with PCOS after an ultrasound. All blood work has been absolutely normal. I was referred to the RE due to the fact that I haven't had a cycle in so long and medications like provera have not done much good regulating my cycle. After more bloodwork and ultrasounds, they believe the best route at this point would be Clomid under close monitoring. So I am just coming off of provera waiting for my cycle and to start the Clomid. So that's my story so far. I look forward to getting to know some of you and any good thoughts are welcome :)

Re: Newbie :)

• Welcome!  I'm so glad that you're seeing an RE now... OB's really suck at diagnosing and treating infertility.   I'm glad that you have a plan...  we're going to start weekly check in's really soon, so I'm hoping that you'll stick around to let us know how you're doing!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

bre3095
  • Hi! Glad you finally got some answers. It can be so frustrating, can't it? But that's great you now have a plan of attack. Best wishes!
    bre3095
  • Hi - and welcome