Multiples

second baby question.

Hi. Im sorry I dont really post here much but I have been around for awhile. My DD is almost 4. I just found out I am pregnant with my second. I got 3 BFPs in the past few days. However, my question is about how prominent the lines were. I am supposed to get my period either today or tomorrow and I took the first two pregnancy tests on Saturday so 3-4 days before expected period. The lines were pretty dark, it was definitely a positive, but still lighter than the control line. The third test I took yesterday, 1-2 days before expected period and the + was also very strong and showed up right away. With my first I think I probably tested around the day my period was due or maybe a day before and the line was barely there, I had to run out and buy a digital to confirm. Also the first two tests were from the dollar store and that is the same test I used that gave me a faint line with my first. Now I have been reading that dark lines that early could mean twins and I am freaking out because I definitely cannot handle twins right now. I dont go to the doctor until March 23 so I have almost three weeks of waiting. 
Also, I have been having early symptoms even before the positive pregnancy test. I was nauseous, tired, bloated, irritable, very hungry at times and had some cramping. The past couple of days I have been overly emotional. I am starting to worry that having this many early symptoms means something. Can anyone help put my mind at ease if you have any information on this meaning one baby or twins or if anyone has had any of the same things happen. Thank you. Sorry for rambling. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: second baby question.

• I'm having twins and my lines were pretty light on my tests and I tested after my period was late. I also had no symptoms until I was about 9 weeks ( I got soooo sick) my levels also were " regular" when I went to my regular doctor at 5 weeks to have the pregnancy confirmed. So, to answer your question, NO a darker line on a pregnancy test does not mean you are having twins. Good luck with your pregnancy
  • My lines were much lighter for my twin pregnancy compared to my singleton. Less symptoms also.
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • How dark the lines are does not mean anything.  And symptoms vary from pregnancy to pregancy.  The only way to know you are having twins is an ultrasound.
  • What chickaboo said.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"