Phoenix Babies
Options

Exercise

I feel like there's contradicting advice out there about working out while pregnant. The first Doc I went to (my PCP) said to keep with lower intensity, but I know women who have stuck with the workout regimes they were practicing prior to pregnancy and everything went great all the way through delivery.
I vary my workouts and don't really have a routine. Some weeks I go balls to the wall and other weeks I stick with lighter workout options. Should I be afraid to go back to varying with intense workouts like "Insanity"??? I'm hitting my 6 week mark tomorrow. :D

Re: Exercise

• Options
    I heard if you were doing it prior than it's fine.
    Insanity has too much jumping around for my taste. Ha
  • Options
    Thanks! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would think insanity might be a bit intense. I myself am an intense exerciser with a lot of hiking, weight training, and other cardio. Even at 5 weeks I have found myself too tired to keep up my regular 1.5 - 2hr workouts. My mindset has shifted towards working out to stay strong, feel good, have energy, and maintain tone. Since I'm not trying to lose weight in my pregnancy, I don't feel the need to be extreme. I've lowered my weight range, and overall have shortened my workouts.

I'm also vegan, so even a little exercise goes a long way in slimming quickly, so I have to be careful about that.

I've read that you should be able to maintain a conversation while exercising, just to give you an idea of suggested intensity.

In addition, your body is already working double time! Be gentle with yourself :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"