1st Trimester
Options

back/hip pain

romeror6198romeror6198 member
edited March 2015 in 1st Trimester
Ok ladies I woke up this morning and my left hip/back is killing me not sure if i slept wrong or has something to do with being pregnant im a FTM 12w2d. So things are growing. Any suggestions or remedies?

Re: back/hip pain

• Options
    heating pad and tylonal. Dr's will unlikely do anything for it. I've been to my OB, FP, and Chiro..... none of which can do anything at this time!
  • Options
    I have pain in my SI joint and at the hip joints, especially when I fall asleep on the couch. I find a firm sleeping surface helps. My OB said its normal but that I may need physical therapy of it gets worse.
    CafeMom Tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Be sure to put a pillow, or two, or three, between your knees when you sleep at night.I have injuries in both hips and back so even at about 3 or 4 weeks before I knew I was pregnant I was in ridiculous pain and I TOTALLY feel for you. Also, you may want to think about the way you sit or stand at work, sometimes if you lean into one hip or something like that it can exasperate the pain. Tiger balm is always helpful in getting through the day, too. Or if  you are on the fence about Tiger Balm you could always do a menthol gel. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"