July 2015 Moms

Boy names

I know people get annoyed by these posts but I am seriously stumped I had a girl list of 25 names and 2 boy names. I need help. I like two syllable names that can be shortened to a nickname. I think my problem is I LOVE our first DS name so much I am comparing every name to his. I like traditional and unique. By not so unique that it doesn't even sound like a name. I have been searching and googling and even watching the credits on movies but nothing stands out. Please help! Thank you!

Re: Boy names

• It's been hard for us as well!
  • Can I see your list if girls names? I totally thought we were having a boy and I was set in the name Conrad. But it's a girl and I have no idea. Many names I like but There is nothing that I love.
  • Loading the player...
  • Landon is what we chose for our little bean :)
  • I think it's such a cute name! Maybe for baby #2 if it's a boy we may...

Also, OP. Another one I thought of is Trevor.

I really don't like that name, but DH does...he always said he wanted to have a boy with that name. He got shut down, but it's another suggestion for something unique!

• I love the name max and would go with that in a heart beat. Prob maximus max for short but by dh thinks its too close to his name which is matt. I don't mind that's its close. Also I've been warming up to sawyer but again dh doesn't like it.
  • I LOVE the name Gabriel nickname: Gabe. Hubby doesn't love it as much as I do.

We've now chosen Jacoby Joseph - "JJ"
  • @corndogrobot
    Here is my list of baby girl names
    It is sad saying good bye to them I loved them sooo much. Hope they help you

Baby girl names
    Charlotte
    Olivia
    Brynn
    Brynnlee
    Hadley
    McKinley
    Adalyn
    Lillian
    Aleah
    Ellie
    Ava
    Bailey
    Chloe
    Harper
    Kennedy
    Blaire
    Gabriella
    Arianna
    Scarlett
    Blakely
    Teagen
    Ella
    Tenasyn
    Kensington
    >-)
  • We also had a huge list of girl names and no boys names. We finally settled on Wesley for our little guy. 
    Here is the list that DH and I had for our boy names:
    Beau
    Blair
    Blaine
    Keri
    Kai
    Sebastian
    Eli
    Keegan
    Kane
    Lyre
    Sawyer
    Carter
    Liam
    Remmy
    Hadley
    Anders
    Corbin
    Cooper
    Warren
    Asher
    Jasper
    Finley
    Foster
    Rush
    Titus
    Saxon
    Ambrose
    Callum
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • I love the names Carson, Xander, and Cadence for littlw boys :)
  • I just love the name Finley!
  • Boys I love ..
    Aj
    Levi
    Xavier
    Brody
    Lucas
    Matthew

But so far my husband hates all !!! But he has no idea
  • Right now I am stuck between Lucas and Grant. Who knows if we'll end up choosing either of those, but they are the top 2 for now!! Good luck :)
  • We are stumped on boys names too but I think we are going with Landon or Hudson.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I was in the same boat (had a billion girl names picked out but found out it's a boy). What is your DS name? I had trouble finding a name that sounded good with my DS.
  • Our baby boy names:

August
    Graham
    Grayson
    Ascher
    Sawyer
    Xavier
    Ethan
    Garrett
    Phillip

I had more but DH nixed a few and I removed them.. and now can't remember what they were! But we're expecting a girl so I've switched tracks ;) My DS is Theodore, we call him Theo. I love his name and compare a lot to it... 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have one girl name picked and I have had it since I was 10 I think lol.....

I have two boys and we find out next week what this baby is... I hope I get to use my girl name because I am not sure I will find another boy name I love.
  • We're naming a boy landan! Seems really popular.
    We bounced between carter, cooper, Christian, and lucas.
  • We have chosen Jensen James.
  • My two sons have one syllable names but they are traditional and unique in their own right.  Jude and Luke.  I named them both after things that I have loved growing up (easy to guess for anyone) so they are very special to me.  Do you have a favorite band or actor?  Like maybe if you were a Nirvana fan, you could name your son Cobain.  If you love the movie The Godfather, you could name your son Michael, Sonny or Fredo.  I don't know.  Just choose something that you feel is special to you.  A character off your favorite sitcom or movie could be another.  I'm sure there are a lot of Ross and Rachel's because of that!
  • We love the name Ace for our boy, but I'm so hesitant about how it will be received. It sounds super badass with our last name and so far it's the one we like best but I'm still not 100%. Acie is actually a family name and would most likely be what we call him. Decisions, decisions....
  • Thank you ladies so much for your help!
  • Did you decide on one?
  • Colin, Ace, Dean, James, Miles.
  • I really like Kai. And so does DH but he said it sounds surfer ish and that is not us. I also really like Hudson. But I have been constantly searching and LOVE Parker. I just wish there was a nickname for it. Expect park. I also really like Brady, but again no nickname. And I really like Jack, but again no nickname and I like nickname for some reason, but if a name is good it's good.
  • Oh and....
    Brayden
    Bentley
    Henry
    Bain
  • We had so many girl names as well and were set, but hardly had any boys names picked out. Go figure, its a boy...we are naming him Bradley Chase :)
  • @GSUDavis I love Kai! Not having a boy but I love that name.
  • I really like Kai. And so does DH but he said it sounds surfer ish and that is not us. I also really like Hudson. But I have been constantly searching and LOVE Parker. I just wish there was a nickname for it. Expect park. I also really like Brady, but again no nickname. And I really like Jack, but again no nickname and I like nickname for some reason, but if a name is good it's good.

How about Parks instead of just Park?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Miguel Jeremiah
  • @bootsiebabe Oh I love Parks! I had never thought that!!! Thank you!
  • @bootsiebabe Oh I love Parks! I had never thought that!!! Thank you!

I have a friend named Parker. I really like Parks too. =D
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • Our first is named Lucas Jackson. We call him Luke. I love it. Really wish we hadn't used Jackson because I would name this baby Jackson and call him Jack. Oh well! We are having a tough time to as I knew this was my little girl. My hubby is set on the name Tyson and calling him Tice. I go back and forth. He got to name the first one and this is mine to name. Lol. He doesn't like any of my names tho as they are a little out there.
  • My first son is named Jayden Joseph (Joseph after my dad), my daughter is Brooklynn Rae, and we are leaning towards Hunter Steven for this LO. Boys names are so hard to decide on. We too had a list of girls names. I loved Emma Elizabeth and would have named our third that if it were a girl. Good luck! 

Also like Noah and Christian but my husband does not, too biblical for him! 
  • My name is Teagan lol sorry just been seeing it quite a bit with baby girl names lol
  • Oh and i have a Mason Anthony and this ds is Colton Ray.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"