October 2014 Moms
Options

Postpartum depression at 3 months

edited February 2015 in October 2014 Moms
Hey everyone,
I just started using this and I'm pretty new at it. I'm Christinasurf88.. Recently I've been diagnosed with ppd, which is crazy because I was fine for the first 2 months of my daughters birth. I'm having a hard time dealing with it and in the process of getting help and thank God have a supportive family. I was just wondering if any October mamas have gone through this and are still dealing with it. Any good tips?

Re: Postpartum depression at 3 months

• Options
    See if your doctor knows of a local PPD group. Meeting with other moms experiencing the same things is immensely helpful.

It also helps if you make sure you are taking time to take care of yourself (shower, eating real food, maybe even a manicure). Doing things for yourself will help you feel like you're still you!
  • Options

See if your doctor knows of a local PPD group. Meeting with other moms experiencing the same things is immensely helpful.

It also helps if you make sure you are taking time to take care of yourself (shower, eating real food, maybe even a manicure). Doing things for yourself will help you feel like you're still you!

All of this.

My biggest thing was putting on actual clothes in the morning and doing my hair! I mean, if you consider yoga pants actual clothes!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not because of PPD, but just regular old chronic depression, I'm on Zoloft currently and it's done wonders for me. It's also safe to take while nursing. Of course, different people react to medications differently, but that's my experience. Don't be scared to try medication. It just fixes the chemical stuff in your brain!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I've just been put on Zoloft, so we shall see how it works. My spirits are starting to get better everyday just knowing that this is all completely normal and having added support to help with baby. Going to therapist tomorrow! It's crazy how your hormones and everything can do such wacky things!
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:
    I was put on Zoloft when DD was 6 weeks old because of PPD/anxiety. That in conjunction with talking to a therapist a couple times really helped. I'm so glad I reached out for help because I feel so much better now.
    Same but 12 weeks not 6.   
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    Same thing happened to me. Like all the other ladies said, create a routine for yourself, find a ppd group, and see if meds work for you. I know for me joining our local y and using the nursery has helped a ton! As well as medication and ppd group. Good luck and hang in there, it does get better I promise :)
  • Options
    Hang in there! It will get better! U are doing all the right things. Support is huge! Medication and therapy will also work wonders. I'm a therapist myself and I know that I am certainly experience some PPD from time to time. Having a baby is absolutely transforming! It takes TIME. Sometimes I look at my son and I think what the heck just happened? I have always had anxiety, so even though I work in the counseling profession does not mean I have all the answers. Sometimes it is harder to practice what u preach! I am VERY hopeful for u. We are all hanging in there. It's very tough at first! Best of luck. U will be great. Feeling afraid, guilty, resentful, overwhelmed is all apart of it. U will get through it :)
  • Options
    Nope, you aren't the only one. I'm still crying about something random 1-2 times a week and always feel anxious about the baby and if I'm being a good mother. My rational mind knows better but my emotions are sure getting the best of me these days.
  • Options
    Oh dear! How well i know what you mean!!
  • Options
    Oh dear! How well i know what you mean!!
  • Options
    I'm Seeing my doctor for the same thing. I'm not sure if it is PND but I know I definitely need some help from somebody because I am not myself any more. Good luck :)
  • Options
    In the same boat. I have good days and bad.

• Options
    Thank you everyone for all the positive feedback. I feel like I'm back to my normal self again. Talking to people about it deff helps.. There's not enough info out there I feel like about this and society makes us moms think that we should all be perfect, I'm sure everyone can relate to this. Being a mom to a newborn is hardwork, but the most rewarding thing ever! You should never be afraid to reach out for help if your not feeling yourself and it does get better. Now if I could only get back into working out again!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"