2nd Trimester

Question For Those Who Switched Doctors Midway...

Considering that I've been told I'll be billed after baby arrives, how does it work if you switch doctors midway? I'm only switching because I want to deliver at a different hospital, but does that mean that my bill with the original doctor will be due when I leave? Is it just two different bills at the end? Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance!

Re: Question For Those Who Switched Doctors Midway...

• Nope, sorry, I pay as I go. I get a bill shortly after each visit. 
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• I received two separate bills. One from the previous doctor and one from the doctor I switched too.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • The reason doctors "bill at the end" is because the billing codes require that IF they deliver you. There is a code that encompasses all prenatal care plus delivery. Your delivering physician will use that code. If you switch doctors at any point, the first doctor (who is not delivering you) must bill the visits individually. Your delivering doctor should bill the delivery plus prenatal care code.

• you only pay the dr who delivers your baby
  • you only pay the dr who delivers your baby

Not true. At all.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • gypsea1109gypsea1109 member
    edited March 2015
    My old OB visits were all covered except for $50 copays each time, so we paid that every time...but you should not be billed at the end of your pregnancy by anyone but your new OB and the hospital you deliver in! Your old OB will need to issue a bill for your visits up until the time you switched, if you have not been paying. 

I am 21 weeks this week, and I switched OBs because the one I was with was just terrible, but I'm sticking with the same hospital ;) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"