Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Gassy baby?

DD is very gassy and she's not happy about it. The gas is starting to pass but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to help her in the meantime. She's tired and can't sleep because of the gas :( any advice? She's only 2 weeks old and I don't know if I can give her medicine

Re: Gassy baby?

• At 2 weeks you can give her gas drops or even try gripe water. We've been using gas drops for my DS since he was about 10 days old.
  • Thanks so much!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • My ped. said gas drops can be given at that age & recommends giving them before a feeding to prevent gas.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO is also gassy and seems to have a hard time passing gas. We do the gripe water and also found that if you lay him on his back and then bend his legs up to his chest it pumps the gas and poop out and he is much happier after we help him out. Might help?
  • Gas drops are a life saver. Invest in stock!
  • Amee12 said:

My LO is also gassy and seems to have a hard time passing gas. We do the gripe water and also found that if you lay him on his back and then bend his legs up to his chest it pumps the gas and poop out and he is much happier after we help him out. Might help?

Worked like a charm :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"